XBMC library missing some video Content on apple tv 2G
Rainbow 
Hello,
Im new with XBMC media centre, i just installed it two days back after jailbreak my apple tv 2nd gen, i added my video shares (Movies), and when i checked the library i noticed that some movies are missing, those movies are already there when i browse with file option and i can play them normally !!
Yesterday i tried to add another video share (TV-Shows), and when i checked the library i found only three shows out of 50 Sad, and i can see all the shows when browse with file option !!!

I tried to remove and add these shares with no luck Blush

Any idea how to over come this issue, please .

Regards
Are the files named properly? If the scraper can't identify a show it won't put it in the library
Firstly are you creating the share to point to simply the top level, ie the TV Shows folder? Also when selecting it are you then telling XBMC that the folder includes TV Shows?

Can you confirm the file structure is something similar to:

TV Shows
- Show 1
-- Season 1
-- Season 2
- Show 2
-- Season 1
-- Season 2

And also that you episodes are somethings like:

ffoo.s01e01.*
foo.s01.e01.*
foo.s01_e01.*
foo_[s01]_[e01]_*
foo.1x01.*
foo.101.*

[foo = name of show]

This might help some more: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...onventions

Thanks
Darren
Oh, actually most of these TV-shows are Anime, and most of the file names are similar to :
- Full_Metal_Panic!/
-- [AHQ]_Full_Metal_Panic!_-_01_-_The_Guy_I_Kinda_Like_is_a_Sergeant.mkv
-- [AHQ] Full Metal Panic! - 02 - I Want to Protect You.mkv
-- [AHQ]-Full-Metal-Panic!-03-Lingerie-Panic.mkv
-- Full_Metal_Panic!_-_06_-_Still_Alive.mkv
-- 07-Full_Metal_Panic!.mkv
-- 08_-_Part_Time_Steady.mkv
so these file structure will not work ? and i have to rename all the file files to the recommended file convention, this is gonna be a nightmare Shocked, any easy way to do that?

what about the movies, any naming convention i should follow ?

Regards

DazNoonan Wrote:Firstly are you creating the share to point to simply the top level, ie the TV Shows folder? Also when selecting it are you then telling XBMC that the folder includes TV Shows?

Can you confirm the file structure is something similar to:

TV Shows
- Show 1
-- Season 1
-- Season 2
- Show 2
-- Season 1
-- Season 2

And also that you episodes are somethings like:

ffoo.s01e01.*
foo.s01.e01.*
foo.s01_e01.*
foo_[s01]_[e01]_*
foo.1x01.*
foo.101.*

[foo = name of show]

This might help some more: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...onventions

Thanks
Darren
I tend to find with movies its always best to include the name and the year and xbmc is fairly good and finding the right film.

e.g. toy story 3 (2010)
I am having the same problem. I have everything named perfectly. It all shows up on my regular xbmc running on windows.

My setup is a dedicated server/client xbmc computer that automatically handles downloading. The apple tv2g is in the basement hooked in thru gigabit ethernet and its almost as if my library is to big.

The tv shows only show up from letters a-f and the movies just stop at a similar point.

Is there a maximum amount of cached movies and tv shows that the apple tv2 can recognize and display?

I have tried everything i know how to. I used both smb shares and upnp altho my tv shows dont show up at all under upnp....

I have tried adding these shows using my laptop running xbmc and the same share methods with no problems.

please help as my apple tv is almost useless with more than half my content missing.

Thanks in advance.

and one more thing, dont know if this matters. I have added all the fanart and content to the folders using ember media manager so that it doesnt have to search for all the fanart on the internet from each machine
alsaadie Wrote:Oh, actually most of these TV-shows are Anime, and most of the file names are similar to :
- Full_Metal_Panic!/
-- [AHQ]_Full_Metal_Panic!_-_01_-_The_Guy_I_Kinda_Like_is_a_Sergeant.mkv
-- [AHQ] Full Metal Panic! - 02 - I Want to Protect You.mkv
-- [AHQ]-Full-Metal-Panic!-03-Lingerie-Panic.mkv
-- Full_Metal_Panic!_-_06_-_Still_Alive.mkv
-- 07-Full_Metal_Panic!.mkv
-- 08_-_Part_Time_Steady.mkv
/snip

Regards

Putting them all in a folder within;

TV Shows
- Show 1 <<

and then adding to the file names 101 102 for series 1 and 201 202 for series 2 worked for me.

Also mine did not pick up movies that didn't start with a capital letter.
Hi,
I tried to remove the TV-Shows and clear the library, but now when i re-added the same network share the TV-Show library is almost empty none of my anime shows are there, i only can see on TV-Show (Anime Sanjushi) and its empty and the weird thing is that i dont even have this anime in any of my Video shares, i even tried to create advancedsettings.xml file (under /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata ) with the following content:
<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>[\._ \-]()([0-9]+)(-[0-9]+)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

this what was recommended in http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TV_...onventions
which also didnt help!!

Help please, any idea what to do to add my Anime to the liberary.

Regards
My experience is almost identical to craigz. I can confirm that this is not a file naming issue. All of my files are named using the same format, and they all show up properly on my windows 7 xbmc client. However, the files are not added to the library on my apple tv2.

Furthermore, it seems that this issue goes beyond the Library feature. When I browse the contents of my video source, I can navigate to a folder that contains an entire season of tv shows, but my apple tv2 shows that the folder is empty. The files are definitely there, and my windows xbmc client finds them just fine.

I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

UPDATE:
Ok, so I eventually solved my problem by deleting the all video sources, cleaning the library, and recreating the sources. Not sure what happened the first time, but it's working now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC library missing some video Content on apple tv 2G0