atv2 cron
Albeit being not strictly XBMC question but is there a way via cron or other mechanism to shutdown XBMC at exactly for example 3 am and go back to frontrow (or whatever it was named in atv2)
The idea basically is if I fell asleep during watching some movie the cron will kill XBMC and atv2 sleep function will trigger later. I usually run some movie at set my TV to shut up an hour later. However after the movie ends XBMC starts the screensaver and keeps the while led on. I know there is a timer function on XBMC but I don't want to use that, I prefer a cron solution, it will not force me to set it each night.
BTW can such functionality be achieve by Python plugin. I might do some coding..

Thanks in advance
No one have an idea how to do this?
Sounds like XBMC's built in Shutdown function timer is what you are essentially asking for. It's not something you set each time like you would with the sleep timer on your TV.

It works the same as the ATV sleep timer. If you set it for 60mins. XBMC will quit to Lowtide when idled for 60mins. Then the ATV timer would get invoked and sleep itself after it's allotted time is up. Seems pretty straight forward and should fit your needs.
I know about the shutdown.. I just want to quit XBMC at 3 am each night
nikiiv Wrote:I know about the shutdown.. I just want to quit XBMC at 3 am each night

Create a cron job that sends a quit to xbmc at 3am. Google 'iphone cron' might turn up something.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
atv2 cron0