[WINDOWS 7 x64] Acer Revo 3700 - Simultaneous Sound Over HDMI and S/PDIF?
Hi guys,

I've got an Acer Aspire R3700 running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, all working nicely with XBMC.

Does anyone know how (or even if its possible) to output audio on both the HDMI and the S/PDIF toslink at the same time?

Thanks in advance.
Acer Revo R3700, XBMC Darma on Windows 7 - Xbox with X3, X3CP & X3IR, XBMC as dash, Xbox v1.4, Vantec 80mm Stealth Fan Mod
HaggleLad Wrote:Hi guys,

I've got an Acer Aspire R3700 running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, all working nicely with XBMC.

Does anyone know how (or even if its possible) to output audio on both the HDMI and the S/PDIF toslink at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

I recently saw a post in the Scripts forum from someone who developed an addon for XBMC that does exactly this. A search should find it.
tboooe Wrote:I recently saw a post in the Scripts forum from someone who developed an addon for XBMC that does exactly this. A search should find it.

Appreciate the reply tboooe, I've scoured the Scripts forum and can't see anything that would look like it might help.

The closest thing I found was this...

[RELEASE] Multiroom Audio & Video Streaming Plugin (Syncronized)
Acer Revo R3700, XBMC Darma on Windows 7 - Xbox with X3, X3CP & X3IR, XBMC as dash, Xbox v1.4, Vantec 80mm Stealth Fan Mod
Aaaahhhaaa, perhaps you meant this...

[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC in the XBMC Development forum!
HaggleLad Wrote:Aaaahhhaaa, perhaps you meant this...

[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC in the XBMC Development forum!

Thats it! Sorry about that. Will that work for you?
tboooe Wrote:Thats it! Sorry about that. Will that work for you?

There's only one way to find out!
Finally got round to trying this and I am happy to confirm that it does indeed work. Menu sounds/music/stereo/5.1 are all output on both the HDMI and the toslink/spdif.

I'm one happy camper.

This patch should be incorporated into the main build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS 7 x64] Acer Revo 3700 - Simultaneous Sound Over HDMI and S/PDIF?0