• 12(current)
Skinning for beginners - Foundation skin, skinning tools, and tips
Hey guys, I am new to skinning so I am trying to understand bit by bit.
I am porting a skin mod to Aeon MQ5. I have found some weird properties in the original skin that I cannot find in Aeon MQ5.

Where can I find these custom properties? like this one below:
Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(PVR_NextMinutes)]

Where can I find what is generating "PVR_NextMinutes", because this is no default info label in xbmc?

Thanks
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
(2013-12-15, 12:23)Maniac Wrote: Hey guys, I am new to skinning so I am trying to understand bit by bit.
I am porting a skin mod to Aeon MQ5. I have found some weird properties in the original skin that I cannot find in Aeon MQ5.

Where can I find these custom properties? like this one below:
Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(PVR_NextMinutes)]

Where can I find what is generating "PVR_NextMinutes", because this is no default info label in xbmc?

Thanks

both skins and addons can set window properties.
in your case it's most likely one of the pvr addons.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Of course, that explains why I am not getting any value there. My pvr addon does not support that property.
Is there a way to check if the property exists or has a value before I use it? So that i can replace it with something else.
(2013-12-15, 18:14)Maniac Wrote: Of course, that explains why I am not getting any value there. My pvr addon does not support that property.
Is there a way to check if the property exists or has a value before I use it? So that i can replace it with something else.

sure, there's a few ways to do that.
the easiest would just to specify a fallback:
Code:
<label fallback="blablabla">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(PVR_NextMinutes)]</label>

or add an additional label control that's only visible when the property is empty:
Code:
<control type="label>
    <label>blablabla</label>
    <visible>IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(PVR_NextMinutes))</visible>
</control>
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thank you very much, this is great stuff Smile

Is it possible to change the time\date format on $INFO[VideoPlayer.TimeRemaining] ?
I want it only to show hh:mm and not hh:mmConfuseds (remove the seconds).
i'm not sure if all time labels in xbmc can be formatted,
but just give it a try:
Code:
$INFO[VideoPlayer.TimeRemaining(hh:mm)]
Genious Smile it worked.
Thanks
Hi, I found another property tag that I am not sure where it comes from.
It is located in the controls type=group element

Code:
<visible>Substring(Window(Home).Property(PVROSDChannels),NewChannelsList)</visible>
This looks like a skin property?
Hi,

Which xml file configure the 'OSD Notification Window' that only appears when i change between audio tracks or select next subtitle on video playback?

I want to make it bigger in confluence and maybe make font bigger too.

I don't see screenshot of this window

Thanks.
awesome skin. Learning how to code with it myself.
Thanks.
I have been trying to figure out how to add the Metropolis "PosterFixed" view to the Foundation skin. I have copied the xml file over to the Foundation skin, and I've added the include in MyVideoNav.xml, but still no luck. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
Also add a reference to the file in includes.xml (at the top with the other references) and add the view id in MyVideoNav.xml in the views tag.
(2014-03-09, 09:09)BigNoid Wrote: Also add a reference to the file in includes.xml (at the top with the other references) and add the view id in MyVideoNav.xml in the views tag.

I did that as well, and it doesnt seem to still be doing it. Could it be that I am using an already used ID#? How can you tell what ID#'s are used and available.
It should show in the views tag which id's are in use in myvideonav.xml. Double id's wont work.
If the file is referenced in includes.xml, the include is set in myvideonav.xml, the view id is unique (50 should be reserved for your view that works in all places, almost always default list view, count upwards from that) and the view you are adding is visible (check the visible condition for the list with the view id you are adding) it should work. If it doesnt, if you upload the includes.xml, the xml with the view in it and myvideonav.xml on pastebin I can take a look to see whats missing.
Here they are in Pastebin if you dont mind taking a look.

MyVideoNav
http://pastebin.com/8TkdUkwe

Includes
http://pastebin.com/9hwiX3HD

View_Poster_Fixed
http://pastebin.com/pFDqw5sG

Thanks.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skinning for beginners - Foundation skin, skinning tools, and tips10