• 7(current)
Skinning for beginners - Foundation skin, skinning tools, and tips
Thanks pecinko will take a look
Hi there,

Really loving tinkering around with the skin - it's really good :-)

A very newbie question:

I'm wanting to make a fanart skin and have a fanart slideshow on the home screen. I have absolutely no idea how to go about this. If anyone could give me any pointers I would be grateful :-)

Cheers
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid845826
Is it still possible to download the version for Dharma?
http://code.google.com/p/skin-foundation...wse/trunk/
Great thanks Hitcher
Many thanks !
I just now found this. Great work Hitcher for us noobies. I would like to incorporate the Resume button in DialogVideoInfo for the Confluence skin, but I cannot figure out what file dictates the action once the button is pressed. Thanks for any help you can share on explaining how that works.
Hi
Great skin, learning alot from it, been able to move stuff about and get a idea of how things work sort of (code noob here).

On my home screen i got the order i want but now I'm tying to figure out how to create a sub-menu in the settings menu so i can move profiles and filemanager to it.

Any pointers / help is appreciated.

IR

Old newbie trying his hardest to get his head around skinning lol, expect loads of questions :-)

It may be hard but the challenge of learning something new is fun :-)
Question 
First of all, thanks Hitcher.

I've been trying to create a simple skin for XBMC that would satisfy my needs, and Foundation skin has been quite helpfull...

But I've got a problem, and I don't know if it's skin related or not, and since I'm using Foundation for it's base, I guess this is the place to ask for help.
I'm trying to create a home screen, based on the Metro screen of `Black's xperience1080 skin, but I've got a problem displaying the weather info.
That happens because I need to open the Weather window (MyWeather.xml) in order to refresh all info (temperature, condition, everything), after that, the home screen also shows the correct info.

How can I force to collect weather data at skin startup? I noticed Foundation has the same behaviour, but, for example, xperience1080 shows the data at startup...

Thanks in advance for the help.
(2012-06-20, 20:29)Agkel0s Wrote: First of all, thanks Hitcher.

I've been trying to create a simple skin for XBMC that would satisfy my needs, and Foundation skin has been quite helpfull...

But I've got a problem, and I don't know if it's skin related or not, and since I'm using Foundation for it's base, I guess this is the place to ask for help.
I'm trying to create a home screen, based on the Metro screen of `Black's xperience1080 skin, but I've got a problem displaying the weather info.
That happens because I need to open the Weather window (MyWeather.xml) in order to refresh all info (temperature, condition, everything), after that, the home screen also shows the correct info.

How can I force to collect weather data at skin startup? I noticed Foundation has the same behaviour, but, for example, xperience1080 shows the data at startup...

Thanks in advance for the help.
look here
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/cfab...61a82aa42d
In DialogAlbumInfo.xml there is this code
<control type="label">
<description>Rating</description>
<width>580</width>
<height>28</height>
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Rating,[COLOR blue]$LOCALIZE[563]:[/COLOR] ]</label>
<scroll>true</scroll>
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Rating)</visible>
</control>
but when you access album info it does not show ratings. Why would that be? As you can probably tell I'm a complete beginner at this and have no real clue as to what I'm doing except having fun

Probably because the album hasn't been scraped or no rating info was found.
Thanks for that scraped album and of course the rating appeared. Brilliant skin by the way. Don't suppose you know a way of creating a space where I can insert band member info on album info page?
Is that info scraped?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skinning for beginners - Foundation skin, skinning tools, and tips10