How does Apple TV 2 work with DVDs on a media server?
I would like to get an Apple TV and only have that one device hooked to my TV. Does XBMC for Apple TV 2 play nice with DVDs on a media server? Can I just share my DVD drive on my Windows 7 PC, and put a DVD movie in there and play it right from XBMC?
I just got an ATV2 and jailbroke it and installed XBMC.

Works great for the TV shows I've downloaded. However doesnt' work at all for DVDs and Bluray that I've ripped to folder structure. Also tried one DVD i had ripped to iso format. That one at least launched.

I'm using the same library database as my HTPC which runs XBMC as well. So I don't think it plays nice with DVDs.
jfulcher Wrote:I just got an ATV2 and jailbroke it and installed XBMC.

Works great for the TV shows I've downloaded. However doesnt' work at all for DVDs and Bluray that I've ripped to folder structure. Also tried one DVD i had ripped to iso format. That one at least launched.

I'm using the same library database as my HTPC which runs XBMC as well. So I don't think it plays nice with DVDs.

Dang - I am hoping there is a way to play it without ripping it. I guess time will tell, or maybe someone else will chime in here. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How does Apple TV 2 work with DVDs on a media server?0