ATV2 WIFI Fixed!
Good news here folks!
I'm reposting from Twitter:

On Wednesday 16th February 2011, @nitoTV said:

the wifi fix is live!! thanks @saurik and @DHowett for major contributions to squelching the problem! it was an SSH issue and saurik has updated openssh to 5.8p1-9. grab openssh from the top of the nitoTV featured list and reboot and your wifi woes /should/ be history!!!
Have you tried this and can you confirm it works? I'm going to give it a go shortly...
I installed openssh, rebooted and I still have wifi. So looks like it works Smile
Just done this now, and can confirm its also working for me too. Thanks for the information.
nmat Wrote:I installed openssh, rebooted and I still have wifi. So looks like it works Smile

I've found that simply uninstalling and reinstalling com.nito.nitotv via SSH fixes the wifi issues (on reboot) for me...

I've also posted more detailed Apple TV Wifi Fix instructions on my blog.
Any way to upgrade SSH server, without installing nitotv?
Thanks.
rivo Wrote:Any way to upgrade SSH server, without installing nitotv?
Thanks.

The following commands does it for me from an SSH session:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

The first command goes out to each of the sources and look for any updates.

The second command actually does the update, with a message telling you what it's gonna update. You can do a apt-get install <packagename> individually, but currently...there's not much to upgrade and it's safe to upgrade everything.
nmat Wrote:I installed openssh, rebooted and I still have wifi. So looks like it works Smile

That's exactly what I did and my wifi is working. There are many ways to skin a chicken! Nod
dazex Wrote:The following commands does it for me from an SSH session:
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

The first command goes out to each of the sources and look for any updates.

The second command actually does the update, with a message telling you what it's gonna update. You can do a apt-get install <packagename> individually, but currently...there's not much to upgrade and it's safe to upgrade everything.

Ok, thanks Wink!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 WIFI Fixed!0