Help on enclosure choice please!
Hi Guys,

I hope you can help.

I've been trawling the XBMC & various other forums for a few weeks to decide which NAS solution to use. I've finally decided on UnRAID, I'm currently using a QNAP 409 Pro and XBMC for my movie collection.

I have no real computer skills but feel comfortable attempting an UnRAID server build. Essentially I want to start with around 5 disks (including parity) and build on from there as necessary. The least fluffing about with drive cages the better. So, I guess I'm looking for as many native 3.5" slots as possible

I've sourced an ASUS motherboard and AMD Phenom processor plus RAM already. The final decision to make is on an enclosure and would appreciate your advice on which case you think would be most appropriate. I've narrowed it down to:

Fractal Design R3
Thermaltake Element G Mid Tower
Thermaltake Element S Mid Tower
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced
Zalmann M1000 HS2 Mid Tower
Antec 900 or 1200

Many thanks,
M
My R3 is due for delivery either tomorrow or Monday. I'll be sure to pop back in here and give a few words about how I found the build process in it (size, layout, etc) once I've found the time to build it.
Thanks that will be appreciated.
I've got a Fractal Design Array R2 Mini ITX NAS case floating around and it's got excellent build quality, so the Fractal Design R3 should be a great choice.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help on enclosure choice please!0