Saving Subtitles SMB Share
Hi There!

First of all, thanks for this...I was waiting a long time for something like this...and since I'm in Portugal, and no ATV 2g in here, I went on vacation to Madrid, and bought one!!!

As soon as I arrived, i jailbreaked, installed XBMC, setup SMB shares and everything works OK!

My only question is this:

Doesn't the ATV have read/write permissions in the share? Because I have xbmc in my macbook also accessing the same smb share in a windows 7 server, and the subtitle saving works even in share! The only difference is that in the macbook, the shares are mounted as volumes, and in ATV it was done through "add network share" inside XBMC...

So, XBMC in ATV doesn't allow me to save subtitles through the plugin, but in mac I can do it...Any solutionHuh

Thank you!!
already fixed and it will be in a next release(10.0-6)

https://github.com/xbmc/atv2/commit/ba8a...bf0f91c2be

and XBMC Subtitles is updated to take care of it as well
This is great news, been missing that...

Thanks Smile
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
Awesooommmmeee NEWS! Thank You!
I've updated the XBMC to the nightly version...What about the xbmc subtitle plugin? How can I update it in ATV? Does it do automatically?

I've managed to upload the newest version of the plugin through SFTP into the user part "/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC" and still it doesn't allow me to save subtitles!!! Am i doing something wrong?
Kalim3ru Wrote:I've updated the XBMC to the nightly version...What about the xbmc subtitle plugin? How can I update it in ATV? Does it do automatically?

I've managed to upload the newest version of the plugin through SFTP into the user part "/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC" and still it doesn't allow me to save subtitles!!! Am i doing something wrong?

debug log would have the answers
Hi amet

I updated XBMC to todays release 021711. I also downloaded xbmc subtitles to 2.3.2 and replaced source in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons

I have my smb mounted with user that has write permissions. I have save subtitle to source folder, when i try to download nothing happens.

Debug log here http://pastebin.com/n9m7ScYn
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
Update: When i check my nas log i see that the xbmc user has written to the share.
When i check movie folder i see that an subtitle .srt file has downloaded.

Checking the contents in notepad shows this
Code:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)
alex84 Wrote:Update: When i check my nas log i see that the xbmc user has written to the share.
When i check movie folder i see that an subtitle .srt file has downloaded.

Checking the contents in notepad shows this
Code:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)

mind trying with opensubtitles or podnapisi and letting me know?

edit: found the issue, try 2.3.3 please -> https://github.com/downloads/amet/script..._2.3.3.zip
Sorry...Still unable to save...legendas.tv service is not working...not even temporary!
Hi all,

I have some issue with download subtitles (v 2.3.3) on ATV2 (XBMC 10.0-7) using napiprojekt:

debug log:

http://pastebin.com/dXdH94bg

my smb shares working ok,

hopefully someone can help
see what I edited in your post, consider yourself warned
amet Wrote:see what I edited in your post, consider yourself warned

corrected, sorry

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Saving Subtitles SMB Share0