"shutdown function" no longer works in git
Hello everyone.

I updated to git 25e1365 from svn-ppa today. I removed the precompiled binary from the snv ppa and followed the directions in README.ubuntu and compiled from source.

I did the update because I read that skipping in certain files was working now. It compiled fine and works fine, except that when I select shutdown, with the option set in the power-saving settings to hibernate, it halts anyway. I tried setting it to suspend, and it halts as well. Selecting suspend from the shutdown popup works, though.

Any thoughts?

I'm on an ASRock ION 330 running Ubuntu 10.10 minimal install.

I did an update at the same time and got a new kernel, so I'm going to 'make uninstall' and install the svn-ppa version again to double check that it works...

the ppa version says: Installed: 2:10.00~svn35648-maverick1

[EDIT]
Sure enough, when I go back to the svn-ppa version, selecting shutdown will follow the power-saving setting. The git version does not.

I created a bug report with the debug log: http://trac.xbmc.org/attachment/ticket/1...mc.old.log
Anyone else using XBMC compiled from git who can verify this?
ASRock ION 330
Ubuntu 11.10 x86_64 minimal install
xbmc from unstable ppa
Bump.

I checked the options for configure, and I see nothing that would enable/disable the option to change the shutdown function.
ASRock ION 330
xbmc from unstable ppa
try with --disable-hal, made sleep/hibernate behave differently for me.
You can see in the "results" of ./configure if HAL is enabled, it shouldn't be on ubuntu 10.10 Smile
I will try, though I see not why that would make the power-saving shutdown alternative not work. Selecting suspend from the shutdown menu still works, just not suspend/hibernate in place of shutdown.

make -j4ing
ASRock ION 330
xbmc from unstable ppa
All done, HAL disabled. No change.
ASRock ION 330
xbmc from unstable ppa

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"shutdown function" no longer works in git0