Putty window just closes
I'm not sure what has happened as I used to be able to use Putty to SSH into my ATV2 with no problem. Now when I try, the putty window just closes instantly. If I enter the incorrect password it says so and prompts for the password again but if I then enter it correctly the window simply closes.

I have also tried WinSCP and this connects and logs in fine. In WinSCP I can open a command window but with it you don't actually type the command into the main window and it also has some silly timer so it drops the connection after what it thinks is idle time.

So from that it would seem that the SSH server side of things should be OK. So why doesn't putty work? I've tried from 2 different computers with the same result. I've tried clearing the keys too. The next time I try to login it prompts me about the key and then the same instant window close when I login.

Any ideas?
I'm having the same issue, the only solution seems to be to restore from iTunes and re jailbreak. Did you happen to try to run RC6 on a box already jail broken with RC5? That's my situation.
Yes it was done with RC5 and then RC6 over the top to give untethered. Maybe that is the cause. I wonder if they will release an RC7 or the actual release and perhaps that will fix itHuh?

I really don't want to have to restore and start again. I've sent a LOT of time getting the library setup.
Winscp will let you backup your current xbmc setup. Then you can retore you atv2 and re-jailbreak. Then you can put your xbmc setup back on the atv.
Yes I have actually used that process to clone one ATV2 to another. I guess I could go through the process of re-jailbreaking with only RC6 and no doubt that would fix the problem with Putty (my second ATV2 works fine but it was RC6 only). But WinSCP also allows me to open an SSH session to my first ATV2 and the session stays alive so at the moment I have a workaround.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Putty window just closes0