Deleting Videos on SMB Share from XBMC ATV2
I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but I was wondering if there is a way to delete watched video files located on an SMB directly from the XBMC front end running on my Apple TV 2.

Thank you.
yes, but you gotta enable the ability to delete/rename files from the "System/Appearance/File lists/Allow file renaming and deletion"

Then simply hold down menu to bring up the contextual menu and choose delete. It will remove that movie from the library as well.
enabling the delete/rename will get the job done, but if you decide to go that route use extreme caution as far as I know, once its gone its gone....no going back if you delete the wrong file.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Thank you for the quick response. I have enabled "Allow file renaming deletion" but when I attempt to rename or delete a file, it doesn't accept the changes or delete it. Is there something I am missing?
Yeah, your share permissions doesn't give xbmc rights to delete the files.

Assign read/write privileges on your network share to the account that xbmc is using to access the medias.
Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. I fixed the share permission to read/write and now I'm rolling!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleting Videos on SMB Share from XBMC ATV20