• 7(current)
[DSCodec]Replacement for DSPlayer
PatrickBateman Wrote:I know that good explan ations will exist and have probsbly been discussed before but i havent come across a set in stone reason as to why external filters are not used?

XBMC is a cross-platform project, main thrust for development coming from Linux side. DirectShow is not a cross-platform technology, it only exists on Windows, and there is nothing equivalent available on any other platform. In fact, before Tiben started his DSCodec development, the consensus among developers was that XBMC's (or actually its video player's) architecture is fundamentally incompatible with DirectShow's processing flow.

In that context, Tiben's work here is amazing.
XBMCSetup-Rev0f7bcc3-dx.exe so this is the last release with DScodec, no need for FFDshow or anything external, just install play and enjoy?

Any recommended settings?
That's the whole purpose of the DSCodec build is that it runs with Direct Show filters, so will have to have ffdshow or mpc-hc registered on your system.
Shank89 Wrote:XBMCSetup-Rev0f7bcc3-dx.exe so this is the last release with DScodec, no need for FFDshow or anything external, just install play and enjoy?

Any recommended settings?

It requires the system filters which can be attributed FFdshow. Therefore, to this assembly work in the instructions to her and says that it is necessary or FFdshoW or MPC decoder.
steelman1991 Wrote:That's the whole purpose of the DSCodec build is that it runs with Direct Show filters, so will have to have ffdshow or mpc-hc registered on your system.

Am i able to have it use ffdshow and coreavc now?

Will the latest build enable my codecs (FFDShow/CoreAVC) for use within the xbmc interal player?

If so where do i sign up ... i mean download ;-)
Hmm,

Just tried the one in the download link on the previous page and it wont install? Just completes the install and upon launch advises that i need to reinstall the application?

Is there an upto date version or another build i should try?
Its possible to implement DShowHelper in DSCodec, tiben?

Im talking about this: http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/genera...ent-81148/

Regards!
Hey,

Tried re-installing xbmc and re-installing vs2008 etc and now its asking for MFPlat.dll...

From what i can see this is a windows 7 dll? Is this required for me to get this working on XP?

Thanks
Hey Guys,

Ive installed the 2 dlls it was asking for and got the application to launch, however it still wont use the ffdshow filters?

I downloaded the version on the previoius page,
i installed the missing dlls MFPLAT and MSVCR100

xbmc 10.1 runs fine (using mpc-hc as a player) but this version doesnt seem to use the external filters ... any ideas?
Is there a later build of this at all? I've been loving trying it (fantastic work) but have been having problems with e.g. imdb add on not working. Have been told it might because my `xbmc is a bit old`

Many thanks,

M.
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey Guys,

Ive installed the 2 dlls it was asking for and got the application to launch, however it still wont use the ffdshow filters?

I downloaded the version on the previoius page,
i installed the missing dlls MFPLAT and MSVCR100

xbmc 10.1 runs fine (using mpc-hc as a player) but this version doesnt seem to use the external filters ... any ideas?

As stated in the first post, for the moment only work in Win7, is useless to try it on Xp.
reFocus - Simply the best
Good all day. Is there a link to download the latest build DSCodec?
LordMerlin Wrote:Good all day. Is there a link to download the latest build DSCodec?

http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org/
the one ending with video is for video codec
the one without it is audio only but its experimental you need to also change settings to audio output directshow in xbmc gui if you want to try it.
Galefury Wrote:As stated in the first post, for the moment only work in Win7, is useless to try it on Xp.
i started vmr9 implementation but the integrated way is quite challenging for vmr9
Thanks for the updated build Tiben, providing it works with network control (some of the recent SVNs dont), I'll give it a shot over the next couple of days, see how it compares to last copy of DSPlayer Smile
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
Fantastic!

Would I be right in saying that the audio output is also limited? I can set the audio output to be optical/coax but no audio output device seems to get any sound through to my amp (latest version from passion-xbmc), but can't set anything to go through HDMI. If I set my audio output to hdmi, and audio output device to HDMI, when I re-visit the system audio output settings its reverted off the audio output device hdmi setting.

Many thanks,

Martin
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DSCodec]Replacement for DSPlayer5