Audio problem, pls help!
My new HTPC is causing me some audio issues..

Unless i set the audio to Primary Sound Driver in Audio System Settings and choose Analog in Audio Setting when playing a MKV movie i CANT get audio through my HDMI connection to my flatscreen tv!

So, issue is related to iso and mkv files. When playing an AVI file there is no issue.

So i think this is a codec issue - but i cant understand why this is causing me issues and same hardware has been used before for same purpose.

If settings are HDMI output i get following error message in lower right corner:"Failed to initialize audio device".

Please, do let me know how to get around this! :-)
tell us what OS your using and describe your HTPC parts
i'll do my best...

OS: Windows 7 ultimate on an Asus P5P43TD PRO with onboard ALC887 High Definition Audio 8 channel + S/PDIF output. Intel Quad core 2.5, 8GB DDR3, Kingston SSD and ATI HD4600 gfx.

I'm using same pc (HTPC) in my business room and in my living room (just next to eachother). Using DVI and analogue cable to my monitor and HDMI to my living room flatscreen. I want smooth audio for both needs...

How to do?
Sorry to drag this one up but I have had the same issue on and off for months. I finally found out why today.

There seems to be an issue with having navigation sounds enabled (either default or bubbles) that causes movies to come up with the error "Failed to initialise audio device".

Turn off and no problems. Turn on and consistantly comes up with error.

I can now replicate the issue 100% of the time so just leave the navigation sounds off which is a shame as I like this feature. You could set the audio for movies to analogue but it defeats the purpose of having a full HD media centre.

My movies are all mkv container with either AC3 or DTS audio.

Cheers
David

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio problem, pls help!0