[LINUX] xbmc PRE-11.0 Git:50f0233, cannot unmount an usb stick after playing a file.
Hi all,
I cannot unmount an usb stick from where I played an ogg audio file, other audio file formats don't seem to be affected.

Can unmount if xbmc is browsing only, or after playing some other audio format.
I tried with wav, mp2, mp3, m4a, flac audio files and for all of them I was able to unmount the usb stick correctly.

I tried with some of my mkv video files and, again, I was able to unmount correctly from xbmc context menu.

I generated a debug log for the problematic ogg case only.

The procedure I followed to obtain the log file:
  1. xbmc-standalone up and running, Confluence skin.
  2. enable debug log
  3. Insert an usb stick
  4. Now select the just automounted device in 'Music > Files'.
  5. Play an ogg audio file, stop playing with the usual commands,
  6. backspace to the main Music > Files dialog, try to unmount via 'Context Menu > Remove safely' : no effect.
  7. disable debug log.
The full xbmc log of the test run described above, with debug enabled from the UI, can be seen here:
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/569656

I'm not sure it the described behavior is a bug or I configured the build badly.
Please let me know.

Some more information

Given mount usb stick point is:

Code:
xbmc@media-player:~/xbmc-git/xbmc$ mount
/dev/sdb1 on /media/usb-pen2 type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=udisks)
it seems xbmc keeps the ogg file opened, even though the player is no longer working, blocking the unmount:

Code:
xbmc@media-player:~$ lsof /dev/sdb1
COMMAND    PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF   NODE NAME
xbmc.bin 29627 xbmc   39r   REG   8,17  3904143 749259 /media/usb-pen2/home/beppe/Musica/tests/08_Conc_4_E-flat_mj_Horn,_K._495-no-tags-160k.ogg

System description

Hardware: Asus AT3IONT-I DELUXE

From the first line of xbmc log:
XBMC, Platform: Linux (Ubuntu 10.10, 2.6.35-25-generic x86_64). Built on Feb 20 2011 (Git:50f0233)

Ubuntu 10.10 up to date 2011-02-18

xbmc is built from git, installed with make install.
The configure log, obtained with the following command lines:

Code:
./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=/opt/xbmc-devel --disable-debug --enable-gl --disable-gles --enable-vdpau --disable-vaapi --disable-vdadecoder --disable-openmax --disable-tegra --disable-profiling --enable-joystick --enable-xrandr --enable-goom --enable-pulse --enable-rtmp --enable-ffmpeg-libvorbis --disable-mid --enable-hal --enable-avahi --disable-asap-codec --enable-webserver --disable-libdts --disable-liba52 --disable-pulse --enable-non-free CFLAGS="" CXXFLAGS=""
xbmc@media-player:~/xbmc-git/xbmc$

can be seen here:
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/569657

I did a
Code:
make clean
then I rebuilt and installed with
Code:
sudo make install

This thread supersedes the:
xbmc PRE-11.0 Git:bc57d59, cannot unmount a usb stick from where I played a file

thread, being an updated version.

TIA,

Kind regards,
Giuseppe Castagno (aka beppec56)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] xbmc PRE-11.0 Git:50f0233, cannot unmount an usb stick after playing a file.0