Streaming from PS3MediaServer : Cant see shared folders
Hello, I have posted this question on the PMS forums as well but no replies yet. I have a Win7 box with PMS on it. I have shared the folders but when I browse on ATV2, I dont see these folders.

Here is a screenshot

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

However, when I try to browse the PMS share using an iPhone / iPad UPnP client, I can see the folders.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ANy thoughts on how these can appear on the XBMC share ?

Thanks !!
I had my ATV2 set up to see PS3MediaServer (latest subjunk build) and everything appeared ok, however I did have issues with the content scanner crashing TSMuxer on my PC.

Switched to using SMB shares instead and everything works perfectly - no need to use PS3MediaServer Smile
nsviper, thanks for the inputs. I failed to mention this earlier - I can see the SMB shares - but playback stutters for HD files.

The reason I am using PMS is to allow transcode and streaming of HD content to my ATV2.

I will install the subjunk build to see if that works.

Thanks.
Update :
These options are already available in the beta build of PMS - still no go for XBMC to view the files.

-- -- -- --
More googling results in :
1. http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopi...f=7&t=1810
2. http://ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopi...f=2&t=4687

Will post the results once I try these.
1. The Win7 box running PMS had a firewall that was turned off for the private network but turned on for "public". Even though PMS and JAVAW.exe were added as exceptions to both private and public, UPnP shared folders would still not show up.
Resolution : Turn Off Windows Firewall. This allowed ATV2 to see the UPnP shared folders on PMS

2. The XBMC client I was using to test was a pre-dharma release. PMS did NOT work with that release. I had to upgrade to the latest XBMC version to see PMS to work. I did not think an XBMC upgrade was needed but turns out it was.
Resolution : Upgrade to the latest stable XBMC release (Dharma). This allowed my MBP to see the UPnP shared folders on PMS.

Please note : Both ATV2 and MBP were able to see UPnP shared folders on Tversity without the upgrades!

Hope this helps people debug things if they run into issues with PMS.

Update: I am still struggling with some Audio issues (lots of static) but need to look at logs and possibly post it here for some help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming from PS3MediaServer : Cant see shared folders0