Stutter / Frame skip ION330 / Dharma
TFHfony Wrote:Well, that won't help I guess: I bring up the codec info every time which is indeed good for giving a small hickup on HD material. It doesn't give any difference in both situations: If the FPS is going crazy, it will continue doing so. If the FPS is OK, it will stable, except for a small moment when the OSD comes up.
Not that osd; i was talking about the menu itself when it lets the movie play in the background, pressing esc should bring it up i think
Where are these .mkv and .m2ts files located?

If on a server, have you tried running off an external usb drive or internal sata attached serial ata?

Might be network issues with bandwidth usage. 10.0 works fine on my ion and ion2 systems using xbmc-live.

Note: I installed using Maverick 10.10 using the minimal install (XBMCbuntu wiki), then I did sudo apt-get install xbmc-live.

Also, I am using NVIDIA-Linux-x86-260.19.12.
speed32219 Wrote:Where are these .mkv and .m2ts files located?

If on a server, have you tried running off an external usb drive or internal sata attached serial ata?

Might be network issues with bandwidth usage. 10.0 works fine on my ion and ion2 systems using xbmc-live.

Note: I installed using Maverick 10.10 using the minimal install (XBMCbuntu wiki), then I did sudo apt-get install xbmc-live.

Also, I am using NVIDIA-Linux-x86-260.19.12.

If it was a network speed issue, the files also would play well after a resume.
The network here is 1gbit btw, and the files are located on a server inside the network. The HDD is connected through a SATA interface and the server runs on a quadcore.
When trying a simple copy command over the network, speed from that drive runs up to about 70mbyte/sec. So I don't expect any network issues.

deppan Wrote:Not that osd; i was talking about the menu itself when it lets the movie play in the background, pressing esc should bring it up i think

Just tried it: makes no difference.

Also if I resume the file the next day, it plays perfectly well. Just if I start the file in a normal way, I have this issue.
And the thing is: It's not will all 24fps files. I've also made a bunch BluRay conversions myself which play fine. Also a lot of downloaded 24fps play fine, but some other, both m2ts & mkv, give me these issues.
I had similar issues with my ION330 box while hooked up to a gigabit switch (9.04 & 9.11), but I think it was actually an issue with the driver for the gig-E card. I'd get a pile of errors and dropped packets on eth0 while connected @ gigE. The problem would happen from time to time, right after kernel updates. Limiting the connection to 100mbit pretty much solved all my problems.
DarthV Wrote:I had similar issues with my ION330 box while hooked up to a gigabit switch (9.04 & 9.11), but I think it was actually an issue with the driver for the gig-E card. I'd get a pile of errors and dropped packets on eth0 while connected @ gigE. The problem would happen from time to time, right after kernel updates. Limiting the connection to 100mbit pretty much solved all my problems.

Well..

* It's the Live-version, so no kernel updates here
* It's a stable behaviour:
. * Start the file -> Stutter, FPS going everywhere
. * Resume -> Plays perfectly...
bobo1on1 Wrote:Can you turn off adjust refreshrate to match video, see if that fixes anything.
What I'm seeing is the a/v sync code going crazy, is audio playback influenced in any way? Like dropouts etc.

Would you have any other ideas?
Well, upgraded Dharma to 10.1 this morning, hoping that this would solve my issues, but it didn't. Just running an old 9.x Live CD doesn't show this problem.

@bobo1on1
Is there any information I can supply you guys with to help solve this issue?

/Edit/
In the reactions on the newspost for the 10.1 release. I see more people with this complaint, so it really seems to be a bug and not a local problem... Should I add this to your bugtracker?
OK... Just submitted it to the bugtracker Smile
I'm actually having the same problem in a testing machine. I thought it was latest nvidia drivers but apparently no.

Downgraded nvidia, I'm going to downgrade xbmc and test.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
hudo Wrote:I'm actually having the same problem in a testing machine. I thought it has latest nvidia drivers but apparently no.

Downgraded nvidia, I'm going to downgrade xbmc and test.

h.udo

Oki...
If you need any more information, please feel free to ask. I am also willing to test stuff, but my Linux experience is quite limited: I was already quite happy I was able to restore the LIRC settings after updating/upgrading my XBMC Live installation Wink
I tested Lars latest xbmc-pvr builds and things behave the same.

It has to be some offending commit between 10. and 10.1.

h.udo

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Yap, it's xbmc 10.1 causing this.

Just tested swapping xbmc.bin to the 10.0 and works perfectly.

h.udo

hudo Wrote:Yap, it's xbmc 10.1 causing this.

When this thread started, the starter was still on Dharma and had this issue. So I guess that you are having a different playback problem. There is also a number of additional threads out there about users having issues with stuttering since Dharma, but who can run the same movies ok on 9.11.
hudo Wrote:Yap, it's xbmc 10.1 causing this.

h.udo

Sorry, this problem started here when I moved to Dharma 10.0. Everything works fine in Camelot, but the first Dharma release I used already gave me this issue:-(
I'm realizing that now. My issue is completely different than yours, apparently. I never had this issue with Camelot or Dharma 10.0.

Both problems may have some strange common background, do. I just didn't find it. Yet!

h.udo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stutter / Frame skip ION330 / Dharma0