Request for help with rewinding and fast-forwarding with Harmony remotes
Hi there

I am successfully running the Plex device on my Harmony One for controlling XBMC on my Mac Mini. All buttons are working as they should but for rewinding and fast forwarding.

The RW and FF buttons move back or forwards approximately 10 minutes at a time; held down they simply repeat this action.

What I want is for commands that actually fast forward and rewind, namely move back or forwards at speed while still showing the video. I note this is exactly what the command "Prev" does (which is mapped to the arrow-back (Previous) button on the Harmony). I cannot find any equivalent command for the type of fast-forwarding I am attempting to do.

Hopefully someone on this forum is able to help me with this:
  • are my "fast-forward" and "rewind" buttons working as they typically should (eg, skipping in blocks of c. 10 mins)?
  • if they are functioning correctly, are there any options to be able to fast-forward rapidly but while viewing the video?
  • if the RW/FF buttons aren't working correctly, how do I go about correcting them?

Many thanks for any assistance anyone is able to provide with this problem.
Hi,

Well, I'm still hoping someone is able to assist me with this problem! I can see it was an issue with earlier builds of XBMC but apparently it was sorted with newer builds (I've read through the whole thread at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55660&page=1, which indicates this.). I'm using a fairly recent version of XBMC as well (downloaded this year).

I can see from this thread that users such as UnionRuss had the problem and were able to fix it (eg http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=456...stcount=68) so it would be great if someone could assist me with how to go about this.

I am not sure why I have this problem... I'm new to this stuff such as editing XML files, and can't find anything in my keymap.xml file that would show why it appears my FF/RW buttons are mapping to bigstepforward/back (or similar). Or am I indeed looking in the wrong place for this? I can paste my keymap.xml file here if this is useful (but the only change I made to the default downloadable keymap.xml was to ensure my Mac slept not shut down).

Anyway, some assistance to solve this problem would be really appreciated.

Cheers
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request for help with rewinding and fast-forwarding with Harmony remotes0