[cirrus.extended] Listview mod - which xml file?
Firstly, I love the cirrus.extended skin - I thought Aeon Mq2 was classy (and it is a very impressive skin indeed) but cirrus extended wins for me.

Anyway, on to the question...

I'm very new to skinning but I've successfully tweaked a couple of the xml files to suit my needs however I'm drawing a blank on what, I suspect, is a very straightforward question:

I would like to edit the screen that shows "Video: Files" in List view but can't work out which xml file I should be editing.

Can someone please point me to the correct xml file.

Thanks.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
ViewFileList.xml is the default common root view, tell me more and sure i can try to help you.
D'oh! That simple...

I use xbmc as a frontend for my MythTV backend (running on the same machine). I'm therefore trying to get the list view to show the plot of the recorded program under the screenshot. (I'm aware this may be redundant when the pvr is successfully included in xbmc, but for now MythTV is running very nicely for me).

So if you could point me to the part of the file that displays the image I can have fun trying to work out how to move the image up and put the plot beneath it.

(I'm keen to learn this so I don't need all the answers up front!!)

Thanks.
Search for List.ItemIcon ...
Thanks Butchabay.

I think I've got it working.

I should probably do some reading on posx and posy as I'm finding these a bit strange (i.e. increasing y seems to move things down - I'd expect it to do the opposite...)

After that I'll need to work out how the <visible> bits work to make sure I don't destroy other views where the filelist view is appropriate.
Ok, so here's what I knocked up:

Pretty happy with that!

The only thing to do now is fix the <visible> tags as it mucks up some other list views.

Butchabay, do you have any idea what I would need to add to restrict it to videos using the Myth protocol (added as a source in Videos)?
And in answer to my own question, I used the following visible condition:

Code:
<visible>SubString(Container.FolderPath,myth,Left)</visible>

(This works because the FolderPath of MythTV recordings, accessed via the Myth protocol, will always begin with 'myth').

Thanks, Butchabay, for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[cirrus.extended] Listview mod - which xml file?0