Vid playback, drop-out of fullscreen, UI takes cpu priority?
Question 
When I toggle fullscreen to return to the UI and browse around, the video continues playing in the background, but if I am browsing a part of xbmc where no portion of the video is visible (like say I was in the settings menu); the sound will eventually stutter on the video. Toggling fullscreen again to return to the video I see the video play 2x, 4x, 8x (?) playing catchup then it stabilises. So the video is (not continuing playing?) when the UI is the priority? (something like that).

I've tried different videos, hi-res, SD, different filetypes. It's always the same.

I'm using xbmc10.0beta2 r33776 (compiled 13thSept2010), and the latest AeonNOX. I have tried this with other skins like MediaStream and the problem still exists.

I'm pretty sure this didn't used to happen with this build. That's the confusing part. I love this setup otherwise, I'd like to keep it. Anyone know whats going on?
Check my signature for how to report problems. Ideally you should have a log that got recorded while you were doing what you described.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
PantsOnFire Wrote:When I toggle fullscreen to return to the UI and browse around, the video continues playing in the background, but if I am browsing a part of xbmc where no portion of the video is visible (like say I was in the settings menu); the sound will eventually stutter on the video. Toggling fullscreen again to return to the video I see the video play 2x, 4x, 8x (?) playing catchup then it stabilises. So the video is (not continuing playing?) when the UI is the priority? (something like that).

I've tried different videos, hi-res, SD, different filetypes. It's always the same.

I'm using xbmc10.0beta2 r33776 (compiled 13thSept2010), and the latest AeonNOX. I have tried this with other skins like MediaStream and the problem still exists.

I'm pretty sure this didn't used to happen with this build. That's the confusing part. I love this setup otherwise, I'd like to keep it. Anyone know whats going on?

I get that myself, too. Playback begins to stutter and the UI is definitely getting priority over the video. Will post a log when I can but I wanted to confirm that this is my experience as well.
Just curious- anybody else get this behaviour?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vid playback, drop-out of fullscreen, UI takes cpu priority?0