Help with source setup from USB drive on Mac to ATV2!
Star 
Evening...

I've read through numerous threads here and cannot seem to find useful step-by-step setup for a shared USB External drive on a Mac to Apple TV 2. Here's what I'm working with:

- Late 2009 iMac (10.6.7 I think)
- 1TB USB External HDD
- Sharing setup for "Movies" & "TV Shows" folders in Prefernces/Sharing/File Sharing with SMB sharing turned on.
- Local IP for Mac is 192.168.100.10
- Local IP for ATV2 is 192.168.100.20
- Both Wi-Fi and Wired available and tested.

Here's what I've done based on forums:

1) In XBMC, Videos/Add Source/Browse/SMB Devices and nothing is there.
2) Manually entered both afp://IP/foldername and SMB://IP/foldername and it says network share not found, would you like to add anyway.
3) selected yes both ways and even rebooted ATV2 as on user stated and still nothing.

I've also used one source using the computer name and that didn't work either. Finally, went as far as using the full qualified path of IP/drivename/foldername and zipSad

Until now, I had Plex Server on iMac and clients on all idevices including atv2, iPhone and iPad. I wasn't a fan of xbmc touch interface on iPhone and iPad because it was harder to navigate. But with plex on atv2 being beta and lacking features like fast fwd, rewind and pause, Im trying this out.

Oh and ATV2 is jailbroken with latest GreenPois0n RC6 untethered and the injection for cydia and nitotv is working perfectly as are all other installed apps available.

Anyone who has similar working configuration...assistance would be very much appreciatedSmile. Thanks!!
In the Users section of the File Sharing preferences, add a user called Guest with no password. Under the Options button in File Sharing, make sure it is checked off.

Now in XBMC go to your sources, and down to add a network location (or something like that), and put the ip of the share in.

Best of luck!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with source setup from USB drive on Mac to ATV2!0