[iPad] Completely uninstall XBMC?
I've looked everywhere (or so I think) but can't figure this out. I've removed XBMC via Cydia and want to remove all the cached files left on the iPad. I know all the data is still on the iPad because it's all there if I reinstall XBMC. I need to know what directories to remove via SSH after uninstalling XBMC.

Cheers

IPad iOS 4.2.1
Greenpoison JB
clipper99 Wrote:I've looked everywhere (or so I think) but can't figure this out. I've removed XBMC via Cydia and want to remove all the cached files left on the iPad. I know all the data is still on the iPad because it's all there if I reinstall XBMC. I need to know what directories to remove via SSH after uninstalling XBMC.

Cheers

IPad iOS 4.2.1
Greenpoison JB

rm /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log
rm -rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
Worked great, thank you!
davilla Wrote:rm /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log

How would I completely remove on Winidows?
dugan26 Wrote:How would I completely remove on Winidows?

By asking in the Windows support forum instead of the iOS support forum.

Unless you are asking how do you use these commands for your iPad when you are using Windows. Can't be though, because that's something answered in the FAQ link that says "READ ME FIRST".
sorry man-
have'nt had my coffee yet ...
I got the same problem. I have removed XMBC from Cydia and also from:

private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log
rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

but I still did not work after I re-installed XMBC. Do you have any ideas? I think there is still having the caches in the Ipad. Please help.

Thanks,
rm -rf - not rf ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I did rm rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
rm -rf not rm rf ... dude i'm still not sure if you got it right Wink - maybe a bit mor concentration on what you type...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi, I am new to ifile and have a free version of it. May i request you to tell me how to navigate to:

specifically what is meant by rm -rf.

Thanks a lot
You can ignore the rm -rf part. Just navigate using the GUI and use swipe to delete the XBMC folder.
Thanks a lot
Sorry if I sound dumb but I really do not understand how to do this can I get a better explanation I don't get the whole private/var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc

Any help would be awesome I can follow directions easily just don't understand what that means
You can also use iFile from Cydia to browse these folders and just swipe to delete them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPad] Completely uninstall XBMC?0