Audio Settings in XBMC: It is not possible to change from 5.1 to 2.0 playback
Hello to all!

I have a problem using XBMC regarding the audio settings. Before I start with my problem description let me tell you al little bit about my system:

Software:
Windows 7 SP1
XBMC Dharma

Hardware:
Mainboard: Zotac Ion ITX P Series
Ram: 2 GB
Sound: Asus Xonar DX (PCIe)
HD: WD Caviar Blue 500 GB

Connections:
HTPC --> TV: HDMI
HTPC --> Pre-Amp: Analogue 5.1 via Asus Xonar DX

Problem Description:
1.) It is possible to switch between audio output via HDMI and Analogue without any problems within XBMC's audio settings.
2.) The HDMI playback on my TV is flawless.
3.) If I change to the analogue outputs (again within XBMC's audio settings) the playback on my amp is flawless too but it is not possible for me to change between 5.1 and 2.0 output within XBMC's audio settings. The settings inside XBMC do not overwrite the operating systems's settings for the soundcard. If I set the Asus Xonar to 2.0 (Stereo) in Windows settings it is not possible to change to 5.1 within XBMC and if the Windows soundcard settings are set to 5.1 it is not possible to change to 2.0 within XBMC. Why would I bother? Because I like to listen to music in 2.0 and watch movies in 5.1 without the need of shutting down XBMC changing the settings in Windows settings and starting XBMC again.

Any help regarding this issue is very welcome Smile

br,

RonnyO.
Does anybody have an answer or at least is there anyone who has the same problem?

br,

RonnyO.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Settings in XBMC: It is not possible to change from 5.1 to 2.0 playback0