The crazy library scenario?
Whats with the scraper when in Library mode?

If I goto videos and scan for new content it works perfectly.

If I 'update library' in library mode then it scrapes data for stuff that has been removed from library for months.

For instance, months ago I deleted the folder 'being human'. This is manually removed folder, gone from the harddrive for eva. I also pulled up menu selected being human and clicked remove. It asked if I was sure ect and I clicked yes.

Now as far as I am concerned thats the end of it no? After all its manually gone from my NAS and from the Database.

But low and behold months later do an update library in library mode and it reappears.

This is a real pain, and has done it for loads of tv shows.
The only way it reappears is if it finds it on your disk. If a show folder is there, then the show will be shown regardless of whether it has no episodes.

Grab a debug log of an "update library" session where something reappears magically. That will tell you why it reappeared.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I certainly will because I am telling you there is no folder there. I even used tinkertool to show hidden files.

'Being Human' was deleted from my harddrive a month ago. I never really use update library in tvshows or movies mode, but when I did, bam there it was.

When I pull up menu and 'remove from library' does it really delete it good and proper from the database, or do I need to do something else?
I am also seeing this on a central MySQL database.

It thought it was something screwy going on with the multiple XBMC 'clients' I have but it seems like there is some other potential issue.

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone!

I haven't collected a debug log on this yet myself but do plan to as it is a little annoying.

First thing I will be doing is upgrading the 10.0 r35648 release I am running just in case it is something in there.
I had renamed some of my TV show folders to add the year so that they would scrape better. Then in XBMC I would get both show names in TV Shows. I would click and select Remove from Library and click all the yeses and it would go away until I restarted XBMC. What was suggested to me was to Clean the library. This fixed my problem. The Remove From Library should really say Let XBMC Make You Think It Is Removed From Library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The crazy library scenario?0