Screenshots
I;ve not seen this covered for ATV2 as yet. I just wondered if there was a button combo on the Apple Remote that can be used for taking screenshots and if show how do you go about doing this?
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
You can install a screenshot package either through nitoTV or manually. This was already discussed somewhere. Search "screenshot" in this forum and you should find something about it.
Or simply install a xbmc remote on your ipad to trigger screenshots
Install with 'apt-get install org.tomcool.screencapture' and take a screenshot with 'screencapture'.
(over ssh)
freaksworth is not connected to or in any other way affiliated with XBMC, Team XBMC, or the XBMC Foundation.
Are there any directions for taking screenshots from within XBMC? I have the screencapture package installed and am able to grab screens from the main ATV screens but when I run XBMC and do a screen capture all I get is a black screen. I have done a search for screenshots but get very little back except this thread. Thanks
I have also done a search but with no joy... For now I have installed XMBC on my Macbook and mirrored the setup to be able to take screenshots. Its actually working really well as I am also using that install for testing.
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
any fix for this, I have installed screen capture via nito, ran screencapture in ssh, the outputted file is just a large black image ?
Not our problem, Exposed uses the image captured from an IOSurface, xbmc uses OpenGLES to render the GUI and that's not on an IOSurface. Video from h264 however does pass through an IOSurface.
davilla Wrote:Not our problem, Exposed uses the image captured from an IOSurface, xbmc uses OpenGLES to render the GUI and that's not on an IOSurface. Video from h264 however does pass through an IOSurface.
ya I was thinking it was something lik that ! cheers ! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screenshots0