ATV2 TV Metadata
Question 
Have to say great work on the update now the ATV 2 is a media machine Smile

Apologies first off for a newbie question, but is there a simple way to keep the metadata in the file/folder with the TV show and not save it in the root directory of the ATV 2?

Reason for asking is due to having 4TB of movies and TV shows running on Mediabrowser and want the same set up with .NFO on XBMC.

I have followed the recommended TV file set up in the wiki and have tried the various Metadata managers (MCM, EMM, MetaVideo Editor, the last seemed to work the best for me with XBMC) but my Library is growing and I do not want to run out of space on the ATV 2.

Thanks in advance
There is only 6Gb of space available, currently you can move the mySQL to a remote machine. I believe work will eventually be done to remotely store thumbnails and images.
I'm wondering if there's simply a way to point the XBMC to a different folder to look for NFO files.

I.e. I don't want to do an export in multiple files and thus have a bunch of .nfo, xml and other files along with my video files. I'd like those video files to be left untouched and alone. But I'd love a separate twin tree with all that scrapped information somewhere (or maybe even just the single file export version).

Then, by pointing the XBMC ATV2 client to that alternate location (maybe even as a scraper source?) it would look there first.

So:
1) look in current db for info, if not found...
2) look in video file folder for info.. if not found...
3) look in specified alternate folder tree for info.. if not found...
4) use specified online scraper to get from scratch.
Question 
Above points are exactly what I am after and as a follow on I know there is the option to "lookup from folder" for Movies, if this was made available for TV shows would that solve the issue.
This would depend on providing the metadata in the folder with the show, I realise this may lead to a file structure change for TV Shows but could this be the simplist solution?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 TV Metadata0