[AppleTV2] problem copying userdata folder
Succesfully setup my ATV2 exactly how i want it. So then i sftp in to copy userdata folder and addons folder to my other ATV2, worked fine but now when i try to make changes like remove a source it works untill i reboot, then the source comes back!
Try to be more clear please.
Where do you make thoses changes, from the AppleTV ? from ssh ?

Try to see to who your files belong (ls -l in the directory of the source that is back)
When you talk about 'source' you mean a file or a share ?

You may have to try in ssh "chown mobile filename" and try it again.
Ok your talking in code that i dont understand.
I downloaded the Userdata and addons folders from /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC from source ATV2 to my windows computer using filezilla. Then uploaded those folders to my other ATV2 unit..

Everything works fine except i cant make any changes stick... I think you are right it might be a permission thing.. It seems like the files in those folders are locked and xbmc cant change them.

So what is the exact ssh command i should type to fix the directory and all folders and files within it.

Assume i just ssh'ed in as root/alpine, what do i type next?

Thanks
I just used filezilla to chmod 777 the whole xbmc dir including all subdirectories and file, and that did the trick.
It means it was indeed a permission issue, but doing a chmod 777 is not very clean (it's just an apple tv so it is not that important, but...)

I gave you the command to do it via ssh, it was "chown mobile filename", in fact it changes the owner of the filename to mobile (which is the account used by XBMC, if I am right)

At least it is resolved, and in the end it is the more important.
fixed it as per your helpful instructions

Code:
cd /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences

ls -l

chown mobile XBMC -R

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] problem copying userdata folder0