Apple TV2 V4.1 XBMC new
Hi,
after some time in XBMC the image is completely inverted or the colors are displayed differently.
Does anyone know the problem?
This is a know hardware problem (not XBMC) of the Apple TV . It's a HDMI problem that happens with some TV brands like Philips.
feikenberg Wrote:It's a HDMI problem that happens with some TV brands like Philips.

& Westinghouse. I get inverted colors/greenscreens sometimes. I just unplug/replug the HDMI cable until it goes away. Was way worse with ATV1. ATV2 only does it occasionally. I've always assumed it's an HDCP or EDID issue. Annoying, but not a show-stopper.
Yes my tv is a philips. Can i update the firmware of tv or Apple TV?
ddingle Wrote:& Westinghouse. I get inverted colors/greenscreens sometimes. I just unplug/replug the HDMI cable until it goes away. Was way worse with ATV1. ATV2 only does it occasionally. I've always assumed it's an HDCP or EDID issue. Annoying, but not a show-stopper.

Also found this is tv dependant also, no problems on my 42" Sony but green screen with my 26" Olevia. Updating firmware made no difference. If you have Nito installed and can see it, just restart lowtide (beats yanking cables).
I think you will have to wait until Apple releases a software update. BTW, I also have a Philips TV but I have an AV-Receiver in between. That solves the problem for me.
now i have 4.1.1 on my apple tv, when will come a update and can i still use abmx with new firmware
Only apple knows.
But what the heck is "ABMX"?

Btw: http://www.google.de/search?q=apple+tv+2+inverted+colors
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
sorry, meant xbmc. i heard, firmware 4.3 will releases on March 11th. can i update my apple tv2 or will i lose my xbmc?
You are speaking of new iOS versions for iPhone, iPad and iPod. You cannot install any of them on an Apple TV.

Basically every new iOS release means that you have to wait for the next Jailbreak solution.
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
ok but look here, there is a beta 4.3 for apple tv:
** EDITED DO NOT PUT URL LINKS TO COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL **
I used to own a Philips but found to just too buggy a TV so got rid of it, unreliable HDMI handshaking is a known problem that Philips refused to fix on their 2009/2010 models (despite it being reported directly to them) and probably wont be fixed on the 2011 series. It also had problems with the ATV1 loosing the display output & it wasn't just Apple related other hardware has problems.

As feikenberg said you can put something in between the Philips and TV and that might help, I used to use a HDMI output splitter as a cheap solution this takes the video output then clones to two displays so just plug it into the ATV and TV and see if you get lucky. Don't have the Philips anymore so cant verify that works with the ATV2.

Hopefully Apple can fix it via software for those affected.
Please use common sense and don't post links to ANYTHING that shouldn't be linked, esp betas of unreleased software.

Thanks for reporting it guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV2 V4.1 XBMC new0