AppleTV2 UPnP Setup
Need assistance to Setup UPnP

1) Apple TV2 Jailbreak with GreenPois0n - Untethered
2) Windows XP - Running Serviio
3) Disk Rack connected to Serviio via USB
4) Apple TV2, XBMC installed and running

Wired Connection XP Server & Apple TV2, via Ethernet HUB, HUB connected to Router.

Apple TV, can access, Itunes Content and also Internet Radio

Cant see option on config menu to setup UpnP, only see SMB option

Also have WD Live Media player that can see Serviio media content via UPnP
Paulsk66, i haven't used Serviio yet, but i have just messed around with PS3 Media Server- it was pretty straight forward, i didn't have to change any settings on AT2, i just went to UPnP and it found my media server, connected to the media server and it found all the my TV shows and worked fine. There might be a write up on how to get it running for serviio.
Have you tried just keeping the files local on your win xp machine and map the drives that way? Just for a test, just to see if it is something with the Disk rack or serviio server settings.
Thanks for your reply, which menu on XBMC on Apple TV did you find the UPnP Option
I went to Add Source under videos and then select browse i think and then it showed me a list of everything that was there.SMB UPnP so on and so forth, at least thats what i can remember. at work right now and trying my best to use my memory and work ha.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post724929

Looks like Serviio doesnt work well with XBMC.
Ah, well Kimsharma, thanks for the link Yeah i have been goofing around trying to figure out this ridiculous buffering issue and some people said that UPnP seems to fix it, but ps3 media server, help like 10 more seconds worth of movie before buffering. So, yeah, back to the drawing board.
True, I have been trying to work with ps3mediaserver as well. Infact I have an open thread here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94810.

That being said, here is my experience so far with PS3MS
1. Streaming works well on wired ethernet but the audio is static (output set to digital over HDMI)
2. Streaming sucks (not buffer, just badly stuttering display) if the audio output is set to analog

My ATV2 is connected to a TV over HDMI
Kim-perfect, thats exactly what is happening with me too actually. sound, is crappy and static yes yes...but its not buffering anymore. which sends me to believe that, maybe something with the sound is causing the movie to buffer when its SMB
Have you disabled transcoding on the UPnP server just in case that might be complicating matters.

For Serviio just go to the transcoding tab and disable it, for PMS you have to select each transcoding engine and click on the plug icon to turn them off.
Starstream, thanks for this. I will try disabling the trans-coding and post my results.
Oh no, i havent done this either, thanks starstream i will try this in a few minutes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV2 UPnP Setup0