[AppleTV2] Movies and TV Series not showing in main menu
Hi all,

I have just Greenpoisoned (RC6) my ATV2 and have installed XBMC (current version as of yesterday). I added some multipath sources and set their content types and scrapers. Two paths for movies using themoviedb and two paths for tv series using thetvdb. The sources are firewire disks attached to a Mac Mini over 802.11N. They are accessed by the ATV2 via SMB (no problems here).

The scraper ran through for a good few hours identifying the content and I can see within the Videos section that my sources are there. If I drill into TV I see the relevant art work and similarly with movies within the folders when I highlight a movie file the artwork appears.

I am not seeing Movies or TV Series in the main XBMC menu however, I've attempted to remove and re-add the sources but still nothing. It's not a massive issue as I can play all of my content through the Video section but I would much prefer to have it working properly.

I see the default sections. Weather, Videos, Music, Photos, Settings etc. Any advice, are there any config files I can look in, where does XBMC look to see whether a movies or tv source has been defined in order to include it in the main menu?

Thanks,

Mike...
You have to add a source and set the content of that source to Movies and/or TV Shows. They will automatically show on the main menu.
Hi there,

Appreciate the response but I don't think you read my post.
Don't know where it is defined in the source code, but the only way from the gui is really setting the content correctly.
So given that the content is set correctly and that I've restarted, rebooted and so on, is a reinstall preferable?
Are you positive you named everything correctly? I would check...I noticed that thats why somethings don't work in XBMC....just simple spelling or characters being left in or out. i would just make a folder called "Movies"....throw all your movies in there. Then a folder called "TV Shows" throw all your TV series in there. I'd do that then perhaps reboot or just restart lowtide.
Maybe this page helps:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...eo_Library)

Maybe it's your multiple paths that confuses the 'set content' mechanism. Maybe you can try with a 'symbolic' link to shorten the path. Also note the mandatory naming schema.
mikecad Wrote:Hi there,

Appreciate the response but I don't think you read my post.

This may be a stupid question, but after you scanned did you go back into settings and highlight the option to have the 'movies' button show on the home page?
Cant remember exactly but believe in confluence it is in system-->skin-->then there is a section to choose to hide home page options.

Bet thats all there is to it......
dtviewer Wrote:This may be a stupid question, but after you scanned did you go back into settings and highlight the option to have the 'movies' button show on the home page?
Cant remember exactly but believe in confluence it is in system-->skin-->then there is a section to choose to hide home page options.

Bet thats all there is to it......

Hi there,

On the ATV2 under Settings - Appearance - Skin, I am using Confluence but my options from there are limited to Theme, Colours (hey it spells it right), Fonts, Zoom, Startup Window, Navigation sounds, Show RSS feeds. There is an edit option but it is greyed out. Not sure if this would give access to the functionality you mention.
mikecad Wrote:Hi there,

On the ATV2 under Settings - Appearance - Skin, I am using Confluence but my options from there are limited to Theme, Colours (hey it spells it right), Fonts, Zoom, Startup Window, Navigation sounds, Show RSS feeds. There is an edit option but it is greyed out. Not sure if this would give access to the functionality you mention.

Settings -> Skin, not settings appearence -Skin
pooh Wrote:Settings -> Skin, not settings appearence -Skin

Thanks.
Im at work and was trying to go by memory.
mikecad,
If you want the Movies and TV Show's listed on the Home screen, go into your skin option and enable these two settings. It's hidden by default because there lots of people out there that only use the Video List mode and doesn't have a TV or Movies library scraped.

But since you already scraped, you should have a TV library as well as a movies library. so simply go into system/skin/home windows and make sure the options for Hide Movies and Hide TV shows are not on.

Also, I already wrote in other threads, but once you have both library created and both are unhidden, your Video menu will only go into Video mode while the Movies will go into Movies library mode. TV Show will go into TV Library mode. It works really well and that's all there is to it.
No thanks required,we all pitch in here ;-)
pooh Wrote:Settings -> Skin, not settings appearence -Skin

Dtviewer, Pooh, what can I say? Apart from thank you. I hadn't explored the skins menu before. Sorted and now I can view all of my movies and tv series as they were meant to be displayed. Thanks again.

Mike...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Movies and TV Series not showing in main menu0