• 3(current)
NRKBrowse with cookie support
anyone knows if the script is being further developed?

and what has happened to enderw?
I'm the one currently maintaning the Norwegian translation. Please drop me a message if you find errors or room for improvement.
enderw = banned?
and i would like to know why
enderw is still alive... as far as i know he has either been deleted by mistake or by a bug. i guess he'll be up and running on the forums again any day soon. if you have any question of any kind you might want to check #xbmc and look for enderw.

and yeah, the script totally rocks! Wink
i am still alive indeed. the account got deleted but no one knows quite the reason why (not by forum admins), most likely due to a bug in the forum.

anyways, vnm, is there anything you'd want added to the nrk script? i don't know much that i could/want to add, but i am open for suggestions.

thanks a lot for the support Smile
xbmcscripts.com administrator
yes, there are several tings i'd like to see implemented.

1. a search function
2. the same way of organizing as nrk.no. (norwegian: hvis du for eksempel går inn på "brødrene dal" vil du få opp fire undermapper. i scriptet kommer alt i en lang liste, og det kan fort bli vanskelig å finne frem.)
3. in nrk nett-tv there is usually displayed a description and/or more info abut a clip or a program on mouseover. can you implement that in some way? eventually use it to make searches better.
(4. an option to save video streams would be nice, but you'll definately break some copyrights.)

if those three features get implemented, the script will be excactly as powerfull as the nrk nett-tv.
I'm the one currently maintaning the Norwegian translation. Please drop me a message if you find errors or room for improvement.
thanks for the suggestions.

1) this would be a lot of work, but i'll keep it in mind.

2) this too would be a lot of work and probably the hardest part to make, but the outcome would be more worth it in my opinon. i might look into it. keep in mind though that some folders would near empty due to the removal of programs that have a starttime value set (as xbmc doesn't support this, see earlier posts).

3) this one is quite easy today and was original in my plans. never get as far as implementing it though, and then i thought it wasn't that useful. but i'll have a look at this.

4) will not be done by me. it wouldn't be illegal following norwegian law, but i don't think nrk would be happy about it either. it's rather easy to implement though, and most people could do it themselves. thor198's script is a fine example on how to implement it.

i won't have time to code for some days though, so don't expect much for some time. also i am working on a lyrics script at the moment and i will prioritize this.
i was thinking that a search function (1) that took the extra info (3) into concideration would make the need for suggestion 2 less apparent, as it would make it easier to find programs. in other words, 1+3=omg

(and btw, you would break copyrights with suggestion 4, so it wasn't really even supposed to be a suggestion :d)
hi!

this is something i've been looking for a looong time!
great work!

but. it doesn't work for me.. Image it says that it cannot retrieve programlistings.
-------------------------------

never mind people!
it works!! great!! :d
http proxy support would be great Smile
can someone please tell me how to start this script? where is it suppose to show up i xbmc?
(svortevik @ feb. 22 2005,13:55 Wrote:can someone please tell me how to start this script? where is it suppose to show up i xbmc?
if you're using the project mayhem 1 skin, click on yellow button in the right corner and select scripts. if you're using project mayhem 2 click on the 's' icon instead, then scripts.
what you're saying enderw doesn't make any sense at all. you're basically claiming the recording of a shown tv programme is illegal. this is a false statement.

what's the difference in viewing a public made tv show on your tv or streaming it on your pc, and recording it for later view? when the vhs debate ran for full a few decades ago the difference was describable as non other than the recorded show being a "frozen" sample of the public made tv show made for later view. fully legal.

vhs/dvd-r/rw/satellite tuners w. hard drives made purely for hooking up to tvs are sold legaly aren't they? those satellite tuners are even marked for the feature recording tv when you hit the pause button, and can even skip recording during commercial brakes which actually interferes with the public made tv show. still legally sold and markedet.

- and with nrk's web tv you can in fact watch the episodes over and over again, as you can if you save it onto the disc. yet annother thing is that when you stream the tv show you save it onto the disc as when you record and save it. technically there is no difference in the saving part. what's the difference in watching the tv shows of your hard drive and from the web anyway, the tv show is still the same?

yet another thing; we, or at least i, pay tv licence to nrk which gives me the right to watch nrk tv shows.

bottom line, it is not illegal to record public shown tv shows, nor can i see that being implanted anywhere in the new copyright acts.
are you norwegian? read this...

vilkår for bruk av nrks nettjenester

we're talking about breaking copyrights. it's up to the court to decide wether that is illegal or not.
is it possible for the script to write to the xbmc.log? i'm not able to download the listings, and i would like to know why.
dos4gw:

really, please read my posts before you post things like that. i am "well aware" of norwegian laws, but still i decide what i want to do or not. i quote one of my previous posts:

"it wouldn't be illegal following norwegian law, but i don't think nrk would be happy about it either."

let's drop it there, shall we...

vnm:

in norway it is (currently, mind you) legal to download copyrighted media as long as you don't share it. this is, while a bit unclear, how the law is interpreted by most. nrk's terms do not go above the law. i agree that it is somewhat in the grey area, but i do not believe it is illegal. still, if you (not directed at you vnm) want this feature implement it yourself...

last, i do not want this thread to track off with this discussion, so please just leave it dead...

Quote:is it possible for the script to write to the xbmc.log? i'm not able to download the listings, and i would like to know why.

i am sorry, but i haven't implemented stepwise log confirmation. what you can do, however, is put in "print" functions in the functions that are run. an example of how you do this is
Quote:print "ok so far"
beneath the line of code you want to check if have executed. not the best method as it says nothing whether the line of code above returns anything, but at least you know that the script has run it. on later builds you can check the python log by pressing the white button on the controller while in scripts menu. also, please check that other scripts that use the web are working. if you can't get it to work, please mail me at the mail you find in the script and i'll try to help you out.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NRKBrowse with cookie support0