• 78(current)
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon
does this work with eden/windows? i saved the userdata in addon_data after i was logged in at espn3 and turned on the login/custom user files in the settings.. i can get to where i see the live, upcoming, ect list and can see the list within those but get the error: script failed when trying to play it

thanks
(2012-04-18, 03:09)bahdbwoy Wrote: does this work with eden/windows? i saved the userdata in addon_data after i was logged in at espn3 and turned on the login/custom user files in the settings.. i can get to where i see the live, upcoming, ect list and can see the list within those but get the error: script failed when trying to play it

thanks
Yes it work with eden.windows

Log?

Can you watch in a browser?

(2012-04-18, 03:09)bahdbwoy Wrote: does this work with eden/windows? i saved the userdata in addon_data after i was logged in at espn3 and turned on the login/custom user files in the settings.. i can get to where i see the live, upcoming, ect list and can see the list within those but get the error: script failed when trying to play it

thanks

Same boat!. I can get in and see a live, when i click in and get error Script failed. Or I replay either, I get error Script failed too.
How can i show a log get error in this forum.?. Thanks
(2012-04-18, 04:09)WildBill Wrote:

thanks
Yes it work with eden.windows

Log?

Can you watch in a browser?

thanks for reply

i turned off play in xbmc and no it does not open a browser and play... i see a cmd screen kind of pop up like a script ran but nothing ends up playing..

log txt was over 10k so didnt fit what is the best way to post logs

thanks again
http://pastebin.com

I meant can you watch in FF, Chrome, or IE?
(2012-04-15, 03:43)StinDaWg Wrote: I'm still getting frequent buffering and then get disconnected from the stream. I just don't think ESPN servers are worth a damn. I have a 20MB connection and I shouldn't have a problem getting a 2MB stream to work properly.

Did you have any luck resolving this? I keep having the same issues as you. I have a connection that is consistently 5MB and it does not drop when I'm watching on the computer.
@vi6s, you're a saint. Thanks for the fix.
(2012-04-18, 21:55)rtk86 Wrote:
(2012-04-15, 03:43)StinDaWg Wrote: I'm still getting frequent buffering and then get disconnected from the stream. I just don't think ESPN servers are worth a damn. I have a 20MB connection and I shouldn't have a problem getting a 2MB stream to work properly.

Did you have any luck resolving this? I keep having the same issues as you. I have a connection that is consistently 5MB and it does not drop when I'm watching on the computer.

No, but I don't think it is necessarily a problem with this addon. ESPN uses adaptive bitrate streaming on their website so you are supposed to get whatever quality you can handle. The problem is that they don't seem to give you the highest quality signal consistently even if you have plenty of bandwidth available. I don't know if their servers get overloaded or they don't have the capacity or what. Even in the browser I typically have anywhere from 3-6 bars, with a 20+MB connection. The problem then, with this addon, is that if you choose the highest quality setting you will suffer buffer issues and eventually be kicked off. I have even went down to the 1200kbps setting and that works for longer but I will eventually get booted after anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. Because of this reason I have to use WatchESPN in a browser because although the quality fluctuates I won't get completely kicked off the stream because of it.

I don't know if the developer of this addon could create another setting to allow adjusting bitrate on the fly like the WatchESPN Flash player does, but I doubt it since I think for something like this you have to select a specific stream to watch in xbmc.

Hey guys. I have been having a problem with espn3 only (on appletv). From the channel, I can access espn and espn 2 feeds, but when I try to access espn 3 link it comes up as ERROR. that's it. I've been lurking this thread for a while and haven't seen the problem posted
I have an error log of the ESPN3 script failure. I have proper access and I updated my userdata.xml file properly with everything. Here is where the problem happens:

12:05:34 T:6760 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.espn3/?url=%26partnerContentId%3D435134%26eventId%3D176-20534%26contentId%3D21012051&mode=4&name=Utah+Jazz+vs.+San+Antonio+Spurs+%28First+Round%2C+Game+1%29]
12:05:34 T:7064 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 55: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
12:05:35 T:6656 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:05:35 T:6656 NOTICE: Mode: 7
hi,
first thing which might be the biggest problem why i doesnt work: im trying to use the plugin in germany.

i installed the espn plugin several times and i always looked up for updates, but that didnt change the fact that when i try to open a stream a get the error "script failed". i can see all the streams but no one works.

for the first time i got xbmc it worked perfect and i could watch all the games, but it doesnt work any longer.

i hope someone can help me, i would love to watch the rest of the lacrosse season Wink
im sorry for mistakes,

thanks!!!
(2012-04-22, 21:20)jnickell100 Wrote: Hey guys. I have been having a problem with espn3 only (on appletv). From the channel, I can access espn and espn 2 feeds, but when I try to access espn 3 link it comes up as ERROR. that's it. I've been lurking this thread for a while and haven't seen the problem posted

I have the same problem. ESPN and ESPN2 play great. I cannot get ESPN3 to play on ATV anymore..
It works well on WATCHESPN app on Iphone.

Running this on 11.0 on a Win7 box, so far I was able to login and save my credentials as userdata.xml and I can access all of the recorded videos, what I cannot do is watch anything Live.
When I attempt to watch Live content I just get Popup Box that has the title Error and inside it also says Error, it quickly disappears and then nothing.

Any suggestions? I've pasted my log below

http://pastebin.com/07CaTDkQ
(2012-04-15, 00:29)WildBill Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 23:36)djfourmoney Wrote: No movement on this? This weekend is not that much of an issue, but in a few weeks time (May 10th) I would like it to work for the ALMS Race from Laguna Seca which will be streamed the full length of the race on ESPN3 only. In the past I just used Second Run TV 2.0 or Google Browser. However with XBMC and since it was made, I downloaded it, I would like it to work.
Who your ISP?

If your ISP is on espn affiliate list you should not have to do anything. It should work but if it doesn't you need to
1.)In the espn plugin setting and check get new userdata then start the plugin and go back to setting and uncheck get new userdata. Now go edit your userdata.xml with your swid and a us provider just like in post 571.

2.) Go to espn3.com

3.) then broadband.espn.go.com/espn3/auth/userData

4). Copy your SWID and PROVIDER

5.) Or post a log

Should work.

Thanks I'll check into this today!

I didn't have to do anything. All I did was check the settings, changed nothing and started the add-on and it finally works! Thanks watching qualifying from this afternoon's ALMS@Laguna Seca.

Thanks again BlueCop and WillBill
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon12