• 79(current)
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon
ESPN3 is just working odd in the last couple of days for me. First nothing was working and then today I have access to some of the Live events and nothing in the Replay section.
I was also checking "Espn Video" add-on for high-lights and experienced the same thing trying to watch a video (sometimes the feed comes up for 2 seconds and then goes away)
@Amin B -- i'm experiencing the same thing.

gonnna try to get a FULL debug log for BlueCop. Suggest you do the same.

cheers!
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
ESPN has always been an awesome plug in until these past few days. It has been acting up and rapidly getting worse. Right now almost nothing will play. The most important thing is the live streaming to me and that will never work now. I have tried reinstalling which didn't work. Sometimes it will start buffering and then drop sometimes it will buffer start to play for like two seconds and then drop. Bottom line is that it keeps dropping. Any ideas of what is going on? I'm fairly new to XBMC so I apologize in advance for that. Please help!
and this is for ESPN... seems to be the same things that are happening....

http://pastebin.com/C5s3sFnU

hope you can make sense of it all.

so, like what most people are saying... sometimes it works, most times not

ATV 2
XBMC 11.0.3

Suddenly having problems...

I just upgraded to Eden 11 via Cydia on my i4s. (Which I probably shouldn't have done in hindsight)

Everything works fine, the app itself, it gets to ESPN3, load the correct games/events and times.

But then when I click on a game it loads it for about 2 seconds then the feed sutters and disconnects.

Its not giving me an error message it just doesn't keep the feed on for longer than 2 seconds.

Please help, would appreciate any advice on this matter. If possible anyway to downgrade back to the previous version of the app?

(2012-05-16, 17:35)jatprototype Wrote: Suddenly having problems...

I just upgraded to Eden 11 via Cydia on my i4s. (Which I probably shouldn't have done in hindsight)

starting to think you're on to something.

but, as far as i can tell, there is no way back to 11.0.2 Confused

it does seem to have coincided with the latest update. as if there's something funky with the librtmp file.
i tried to use the librtmp from BlueCop's Google Code page, but i don't think i put it in the correct way.
can someone please help, i get the following in my log file when trying to view something in espn3

13:00:10 T:2820 NOTICE: <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<user-verified-media-response xmlns="http://services.bamnetworks.com/media/types/2.1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<status-code>
</status-code>
</user-verified-media-response>
13:00:10 T:2820 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
13:00:10 T:2820 ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'
13:00:10 T:2820 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.espn3\default.py", line 592, in <module>
PLAYESPN3(url)
File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.espn3\default.py", line 222, in PLAYESPN3
PLAY(url,'n360')
File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.espn3\default.py", line 274, in PLAY
if not authstatus.find('successstatus'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'
13:00:10 T:1876 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.espn3/?url=%26partnerContentId%3D473597%26eventId%3D176-21670%26contentId%3D21451811&mode=4&name=2012+College+Football+Hall+of+Fame+
Just wanted all to know I followed instructions on post 1169 and it worked for my OS X desktop version of espn3 - but did not work for my ATV2? Any ideas? Thanks
(2012-05-16, 18:21)locomot1f Wrote:

starting to think you're on to something.

but, as far as i can tell, there is no way back to 11.0.2 Confused

it does seem to have coincided with the latest update. as if there's something funky with the librtmp file.
i tried to use the librtmp from BlueCop's Google Code page, but i don't think i put it in the correct way.

found a way to revert back to previous versions, found all the old .debs on a website and then you'd have to use ifile to install...tried it on 11.0.0 Beta 1 and still had the same issues.. however i will try to use another previous version but this time completely delete all traces of xbmc off my phone and just plug the necessary files back in and see what happens

Everything works fine, the app itself, it gets to ESPN3, load the correct games/events and times.

But then when I click on a game it loads it for about 2 seconds then the feed sutters and disconnects.

Its not giving me an error message it just doesn't keep the feed on for longer than 2 seconds.

Please help, would appreciate any advice on this matter. If possible anyway to downgrade back to the previous version of the app?

Honestly, I don't think there is anything wrong with the addon, it's ESPN servers that suck. They don't have the back-end to support the millions of people using it at the same time. As I posted before I have a 20 mbps connection but the quality is never consistent. If I choose the 2.2 mbps stream I can never stay on for very long, even though I have an extra 18 mbps of bandwidth available. It constantly buffers and eventually I just get kicked off. Other live streaming apps like MLBMC work perfectly fine. If I watch on watchespn.com in the browser it is constantly bouncing me around different quality levels, even though with my connection speed I should theoretically always be locked on the highest.
can someone help me with my part of the log file error i posted above? or should i upload a whole log file?
i'm really anxious to try to get this app working
thanks
(2012-05-18, 14:59)jackson3 Wrote: can someone help me with my part of the log file error i posted above? or should i upload a whole log file?
i'm really anxious to try to get this app working
thanks

1. Who is your ISP?

EDIT:
It is much easier to tell by a full log
ok, i'll try to upload the full log this weekend
thanks
"sometimes it will buffer start to play for like two seconds and then drop."

could be a XBMC issue > / have the same problem on "FreeCable add-on from Bluecop Repo?
any thought?

(ATV2 / XBMC EDEN RC2)
(2012-05-18, 19:16)Amin B Wrote: "sometimes it will buffer start to play for like two seconds and then drop."

could be a XBMC issue > / have the same problem on "FreeCable add-on from Bluecop Repo?
any thought?

that's what I'm leaning towards.
FreeCable, ESPN, and HULU (sorta -- the lower quality playback works)
I'm using XBMC 11.0.3

started happening after that last update. but i can't get back to 11.0.2
what's everybody else using?
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon12