• 5(current)
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon
Amazing. Thank you. This may be the last thing keeping me on cable.
Dude, you rock. This is by far the best plug-in out there.
I just installed and enabled this last night. Whenever I click on a love event it says it is working, the connection flickers and when it returns it has exited xbmc to the main atv2 page. I am fairly confident that the issue is with my xbmc not accessing the internet since when I try to go to weather it says "internet connection required". The internet works fine on all other aspects of the atv2 besides xbmc, any ideas?
j1800collett Wrote:I just installed and enabled this last night. Whenever I click on a love event it says it is working, the connection flickers and when it returns it has exited xbmc to the main atv2 page. I am fairly confident that the issue is with my xbmc not accessing the internet since when I try to go to weather it says "internet connection required". The internet works fine on all other aspects of the atv2 besides xbmc, any ideas?

Might want to try and post this question in another thread. Might have more success with getting help.

sounds like you might have a bad install of XBMC all together. I'd start there, with a fresh install of Dharma 10.0
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
awesome job with this, gives me something to dissect to better understand rtmp sites.

One thing I did notice was you can have xml entity conversion for the list item names done automatically as part of the BS call on line 53. Changing the line to the below worked on my machine.

Code:
soup = Soup(html, convertEntities=Soup.XML_ENTITIES)

Besides that, I've got this weird issue where it seems to work fine on my actual htpc machine, but won't play any videos when running on my laptop. Made the log files from each machine playing the same item, with some extra debug printing I added to try and figure out what was up.

htpc: http://pastie.org/1681324
laptop: http://pastie.org/1681334

The only thing that really stood out to me from the initial look was that the userAuth request wasn't returning anything for swid.. but since it was doing that in both cases I still can't see anything obvious from the script and logs why it would work on one machine and not the other.

I'm not a major sports watcher so don't worry about looking into it if no one else is having issues, but if anyone else brings up something similar I can provide more data from my setups if it is useful.
jorsoban Wrote:Besides that, I've got this weird issue where it seems to work fine on my actual htpc machine, but won't play any videos when running on my laptop. Made the log files from each machine playing the same item, with some extra debug printing I added to try and figure out what was up.

htpc: http://pastie.org/1681324
laptop: http://pastie.org/1681334

Are you using a proxy on your laptop of any type (work etc)?
Hmm.. I had fiddler running and didn't think it should have affected things but sure enough trying it w/o fiddler running it plays just fine.
I am a complete n00b when it comes to the new Apple TV 2. Can someone please give me a step to step guide how to instal this ESPN stream? I would be so grateful! Thanks in advance!

Edit: Never mind. With a google as your friend you can do anything Smile
Yesterday, I was able to see Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid on ESPN3 and the picture quality was close to 720p. There was not banner at the bottom and the picture quality was better than ESPN Deportes.

Thank you so much for this plug. I know that on Boxee Box someone is trying to do the same for Time Warner Customers, but it is still not working.
Hi, i began to use this fastanstic addon about 2 weeks ago. I have a few questions about the fact that the content of the espn3 channel is blocked outside the usa, and i live outside. So if anyone could answer if i will have problems to see the videos because some days i've had some buffering, and sometimes the video ended suddenly returning to the initial menus.
Probably this could be due to the first versions of the plugin and now is working ok, but i'd like to be sure so if anyone could tell something about this i'd be very gratefull.

Thanks again for this fantastic work and continue like this.
pukelo Wrote:Hi, i began to use this fastanstic addon about 2 weeks ago. I have a few questions about the fact that the content of the espn3 channel is blocked outside the usa, and i live outside. So if anyone could answer if i will have problems to see the videos because some days i've had some buffering, and sometimes the video ended suddenly returning to the initial menus.
Probably this could be due to the first versions of the plugin and now is working ok, but i'd like to be sure so if anyone could tell something about this i'd be very gratefull.

Thanks again for this fantastic work and continue like this.

I don't know much about viewing this site outside the USA...

as for the buffering and suddenly returning to the initial menus, i too have had this happen. Not too often, but I've noticed it.
I would attribute this to the feed being lost. I've had this happen on my laptop as well. so i don't think it's the script.

that's all i've got. i've noticed that sometimes the replays don't feed as well as the live streams, too.
locomot1f Wrote:I don't know much about viewing this site outside the USA...

Thank you locomot1f for your answer. I'll keep in mind and keep trying this fantastic addon.
Yesterday I watched a baseball game. Video was okay but there was no sound. With other media sound worked okay. More people having the same isue. I test again tonight and post some logs if i can find them.
konti Wrote:Yesterday I watched a baseball game. Video was okay but there was no sound. With other media sound worked okay. More people having the same isue. I test again tonight and post some logs if i can find them.

still having the same problems?
i haven't been able to recreate this. I don't watch any baseball either though.

Does it work okay when you view ESPN3 through your browser?
Currently trying to get this addon to work (lastest .07 version of espn3) under win7 and Ive included the error Im getting when running it having Firefox selected as the default browser.

"15:57:18 T:1792 M:1050996736 NOTICE: URL: http://espn.go.com/espn3/player?id=16090...A%20Hockey
15:57:18 T:1792 M:1050996736 NOTICE: Name: 800PM EDT:New Hampshire vs. Notre Dame (Northeast Regional Final):HOCKEY:NCAA Hockey
15:57:18 T:1792 M:1050996736 NOTICE: Play Video
15:57:18 T:1792 M:1050996736 NOTICE: Play URL:http://espn.go.com/espn3/player?id=16090...A%20Hockey
15:57:18 T:1792 M:1050992640 WARNING: msvcrt.dll: dll_fstati64 called, TODO: add 'int64 <-> long' type checking
15:57:18 T:1792 M:1050279936 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.
15:57:18 T:1792 M:1050279936 NOTICE: Aint no browser here
15:57:18 T:1792 M:1050279936 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
15:57:18 T:1792 M:1050279936 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.UnboundLocalError
15:57:18 T:1792 M:1050279936 ERROR: Error Contents: local variable 'cmd' referenced before assignment
15:57:18 T:1792 M:1050210304 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.espn3\default.py", line 378, in ?
PLAYBROWSER(url)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.espn3\default.py", line 269, in PLAYBROWSER
os.system(cmd)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'cmd' referenced before assignment
15:57:18 T:1792 M:1050210304 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
15:57:18 T:1792 M:1050210304 INFO: Python script stopped"

Seems to be telling me NO browser available but firefox is installed and the streaming from ESPN3 works fine if I try it outside of this addon. Any idea what I can try next to resolve it?

thanks

Update: working when using the option to play without browser.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ESPN3.com Addon12