sound and tvshows
Hello all and thanks for a great work.

I jailbreaked and installed xbmc in less than 30 min.
And I have never seen or used an appletv before.

now on to my 2 problems.

1. The sound from movies is strange.. the speach from most movies seems to be limited to the right speaker. While the rest background sound is on both speakers (hdmi-> samsung lcdtv, speakersetting 2.0 analog out).

2. I can not get tvshows to appear in homescreen. I have set a share to tvshows, checked skinsettings, rebooted a couple of times but without any luck.
(i have done this on other machines without problem).

and also one request:
I have a couple of hundred movies, most of them are childrenmovies.
I dont want them to show up (mix with) in mainmovies but rather have their own menu item like "weather", "photos" etc. (yes Im a plexswitcher wich has that feature).
If I could change the name of some menu item then I could set one of those to childrenmovies, since I dont use xbmc for music, weather...
1. Your going to have to provide details about the particular media your trying to play... use mediainfo (google it) and paste the results in here.

2. Add a source and set content to TV Shows as you've already done, do a "scan for new content" then if it's not in the home screen, for Confluence skin go into the System Menu, then Skin then Home Window and make sure "Hide - TV Shows" is unchecked.

For the Video's organise them in directories and use the File view rather than the Library view.
Thanks for reply.

1. the media was mkv 720p and mostly with 5.7 or 7.1 sound. (thats the only kind I have) and it happened to several movies. I read somewhere in the forum that the downsample isn't working the way it should, so I guess thats the problem, and Ill have to wait for next release

2. I have done just that. I even created a new fresh profile and the only thing I tried to do was to add a tvshow, but with no luck. The skinsetting is greyed out no matter what I do... I have even tried to set contents to tvshows folder by folder (different tvshows). When I manually try to scan it doesnt, and thats whats keeping the menu item from enable it self (i think), because it doesnt scan the folders with tvshows...
"5.7 or 7.1" doesn't tell me what codec the audio is encoded with, there are numerous different multichannel formats, AAC, AC3, DTS etc...

There is a problem with AAC and channel mapping on Linux, I'll assume it also affects Mac, I've only seen a fix for Windows.
5.1 dts. (specifik example: Dinner.for.Schmucks.720p.Bluray.x264-CBGB)
maccis Wrote:Hello all and thanks for a great work.

I jailbreaked and installed xbmc in less than 30 min.
And I have never seen or used an appletv before.

now on to my 2 problems.

1. The sound from movies is strange.. the speach from most movies seems to be limited to the right speaker. While the rest background sound is on both speakers (hdmi-> samsung lcdtv, speakersetting 2.0 analog out).

I had this problem yesterday after re-jailbreaking to untethered.

I think I set it to digital and 5.1 and that sorted it.
:-)

I will try tonight...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sound and tvshows0