Remove addons for once and for all + Bookmarks Resume from ..:..
Hey all,

I've been using XBMC for couple of months now.

And after it updated to the new version, the addons bother me...
Fact is, I don't even have addons but when I open XBMC it says: TMDB Addon Updated
TVDB Addon Updated , etc...

Is there any command to delete those things for once and for all?

+ Is there a way to stop XBMC from making bookmarks where I "stopped" watching video's? (Where you get the pop up Resume from ...:...)
You're seriously going to cripple XBMC's functionality if you start removing the add-ons that come with XBMC. They are needed to scrape content, among other things.

As for the bookmarks question, just use play from beginning.

May I ask why you want to cripple XBMC? Are you not happy with how it works? Are you using XBMC solely to know the weather report?
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
FantasmaOfDoom Wrote:And after it updated to the new version, the addons bother me...
Fact is, I don't even have addons but when I open XBMC it says: TMDB Addon Updated
TVDB Addon Updated , etc...
Is there any command to delete those things for once and for all?
It may depend on the skin(?) but there is the possibility to hide the notification for add-on update (and IIRC to disable add-on auto update as well). Look in System>Addons for details.

V.
hudo Wrote:You're seriously going to cripple XBMC's functionality if you start removing the add-ons that come with XBMC. They are needed to scrape content, among other things.

As for the bookmarks question, just use play from beginning.

May I ask why you want to cripple XBMC? Are you not happy with how it works? Are you using XBMC solely to know the weather report?

scrape content? what do you mean by that?
I just rip my dvd's put them on HDD that's it (Ofcourse I watch them)... I don't want any information about them as I know what dvd's they are...

yeah I know "Play from beginning" but it irritates me that there is no option to fully set it to "Always play from beginning" it kind of should be, if I would stop a movie I will just know where I was, I don't need a bookmark to tell me where I was, it just "wastes" HDD space
FantasmaOfDoom Wrote:scrape content? what do you mean by that?
... I don't want any information about them as I know what dvd's they are..

OK. That phrase sold me. What's the point on having a movies library if you don't use something like the library mode? Might as well use ZoomPlayer...

Goes to show you never stop being surprised... Laugh
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Well, addons should be a preference, like the old way. If you want it, add it on, if not don't. I have removed addons from all menus (PIA), I like the auto update of the ones I have installed though so I do not have to check it.

To me it takes the stb feel away and makes it more like an htpc. I also do not like freinds, family and childern going in an adding content, they should remove the addons/get more from all the menu items in the skins except for system. An addon entry in the system setup is fine, then I can just password protect it and I don't always have to explain what the get more or addons is anyway within every folder. Every time I went into the room the screen was looking for a pwd when ppl were using the remote, that get more is an addiction to some, kinda like do not touch.
speed32219 Wrote:Well, addons should be a preference, like the old way. If you want it, add it on, if not don't. I have removed addons from all menus (PIA), I like the auto update of the ones I have installed though so I do not have to check it.

Part of the new addon system has meant that previous core functionality have been ripped out of the main system and packaged as addons. I think that was the right choice, and they're definitely needed as default addons. It's just nice to give power users the option to remove those default addons if they're really sure they won't use them.
if you dont want to use them, just disable the addons, how ever i cannot understand why you would want to do that. Guess you could just use file mode....
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
If you are using Confluence, go to system/addons. When you are on the screen where you see:

Enabled Add-ons
Get Add-ons
Install from zip file

Press left. A menu should pop out. De-select the notifications options. Now you will not be bothered by the updates when they happen.

If you are not using Confluence, then switch to it to make this change. Maybe it'll carry over to other skins when you switch back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove addons for once and for all + Bookmarks Resume from ..:..0