• 5(current)
Start XBMC on ATV2 at boot.
I have tapped the remove command in the console in SSH.
Lada Wrote:I have tapped the remove command in the console in SSH.

I have the same problem, trying to remove but is not working
I had the same problem. I think it has to do with the XBMC update.

I had to install the programm again and deinstalled it, then everything was fine.
Ok, Im going to chime my one bit in here. Maybe I'm speaking out of turn here, but who is that LAZY they cannot make the five or so clicks to the right and then an enter button to start up XBMC on the ATV2. Seriously. Is the 2.5 seconds going to kill you? Im pretty sure your Gilmore Girls marathon won't be delayed by having to load up the xbmc when you turn it on. Sorry, ranting, I wasn't even looking for a solution for this, I just happened to be looking at the thread title and wanted to throw my remote at the original poster.

Bahh Humbugh.
For me it is very useful, i watch TV over TVHeadend Stream. XBMC often crashes when i use the htsp protocol, so i don't miss much of the TV-Show.
If i always had to manually start XBMC it would be a pain if this happens 10 times on an evening.
Quote:but who is that LAZY
It's not a question of laziness, most of the time people would like the system to just work (all part of the wife acceptance factor, parent acceptance factor, non technical person acceptance factor etc.). If XBMC just pops up on startup then it makes life easier for those of us charged with supporting wives, parents and non-tecchies!

Tim.
fathert Wrote:It's not a question of laziness, most of the time people would like the system to just work (all part of the wife acceptance factor, parent acceptance factor, non technical person acceptance factor etc.). If XBMC just pops up on startup then it makes life easier for those of us charged with supporting wives, parents and non-tecchies!

Tim.

^ this. For many people that extra step is just confusing. Silly? Perhaps. But that's just how humans, especially older humans, sometimes view these things.

We should always keep in mind that OUR perception of "how things are, and how things should be" is not the UNIVERSAL perception of those things, and we have to make allowances for that.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
I have tried to enable this via ssh as per the wiki instructions but my ATV2 doesn't boot into XBMC.

Edit: changing skin seems to have caused it to kick in, but now quitting XBMC just causes my ATV2 to reboot straight back into it.
TheStretchedElf Wrote:I have tried to enable this via ssh as per the wiki instructions but my ATV2 doesn't boot into XBMC.

Edit: changing skin seems to have caused it to kick in, but now quitting XBMC just causes my ATV2 to reboot straight back into it.

If you notice, the wiki does say that the only way back into the ATV menu is to uninstall direct XBMC booting.
Ned Scott Wrote:If you notice, the wiki does say that the only way back into the ATV menu is to uninstall direct XBMC booting.

I think you misunderstand me. How do I switch my ATV2 off? Quitting XBMC causes it to reboot, not switch off.
TheStretchedElf Wrote:I think you misunderstand me. How do I switch my ATV2 off? Quitting XBMC causes it to reboot, not switch off.

Pull the plug out? You can't really "turn off" an ATV2 even when just running the stock Apple software, it only sleeps.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
deanmv Wrote:Pull the plug out? You can't really "turn off" an ATV2 even when just running the stock Apple software, it only sleeps.

Yep, the most that happens with sleep is the output is turned off and the light on the front of the box goes out. XBMC has to turn off this apple sleep timer to function, so if you want it, you have to exit out of XBMC.
deanmv Wrote:Pull the plug out? You can't really "turn off" an ATV2 even when just running the stock Apple software, it only sleeps.
Ok, how do I get it to "sleep". It stands to reason that when I select "quit XBMC" I don't actually mean "reset ATV2 and start XBMC". If that were the case I'd simply not quit XBMC in the first place.
DLeavy Wrote:Yep, the most that happens with sleep is the output is turned off and the light on the front of the box goes out. XBMC has to turn off this apple sleep timer to function, so if you want it, you have to exit out of XBMC.

Exiting XBMC simply restarts XBMC.
TheStretchedElf Wrote:Ok, how do I get it to "sleep". It stands to reason that when I select "quit XBMC" I don't actually mean "reset ATV2 and start XBMC". If that were the case I'd simply not quit XBMC in the first place.

Exiting XBMC simply restarts XBMC.

You can't. The sleep function isn't implemented into XBMC and can only be started from the iOS and as you can never get into iOS you can't put it to sleep.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
atv2 sleep is really a fake sleep, it still consumes the same amount of power.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start XBMC on ATV2 at boot.1