Stop the Madness! Fix your naming issues first.
I searched and couldn't find a definitive answer, when doing tv shows and the name of the show has comma's do you include them in the file name for tvdb scraping?

Also is there a downside to putting all season episodes in a season folder or each episode gets its own folder inside the season folder. The guide this thread is based on puts all of them in the season folder for multiple episodes, but I thought I read somewhere that it won't save your place if you quit watching early?

Thanks!
Question 
Hi Everyone,

I see most of you have the VIDEO_TS issue fixed, but i just cat get it to work.

Ik have the following file structure:

I've created an advancedsettings-file in this location, with this file name:

Inside the XML:

I've done a clean install, placed the advancedsettings-file in above location, and did a testrun.
But season 2 of '24' will not show up in XBMC.

Does anybody know what i'm doing worng? Do I have to enable the advanced setting within XBMC maybe?

Hope you guys can help me...!
Hi Guys,

To bad nobody could help me, so i choose to convert all my VIDEO_TS folders into .ISO which work perfectly with XBMC.

I found a great way to batch-convert many directories without supervision (i.e. overnight) on an other forum:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...?tid=37372

per VIDEO_TS folder it takes about 7 minutes, so in one nightrun i've converted my whole library.

Maybe this will help others too.

Good luck! :-)
Hi,

I have the exact same issue as Renver !
Using the file structure & xml file as specified ... it simply doesn't pick up my episodes!

Once I converted my video_ts to ISO, it works perfectly !
Any ideas what is going wrong here?

I could convert everything to iso, but that's not really a solution ...
Sorry that I have not post back here in a while.

The ISO works because it is using the default settings of XBMC.

The first question is, does XBMC recognize the advancesettings.xml and use it?

Have you checked your log to make sure that the advancedsettings.xml is being used or not. It would be close to the top of the log.

Also, is this code the only thing in the advancedsettings.xml ? If not, what else is there. If there is anything else there, it must all be contained between just one entry of:

<advancedsettings>
ALL HERE
</advancedsettings>

Next would be, how was the code written? Did you add it to an existing advancedsettings.xml or make a new one? If new, what did you use to make it?

Though I have almost no VIDEO_TS tv shows anymore, I do have some, and this same code was used on three fresh installs of mine recently.

Post up what you have.
I am in the same boat as renver...

I have the 24 TV series and my naming convention is the exact same as his. Heres the issue...I have updated the folder names to say

>Season 07
>>>24 S01E01E02E03E04
>>>>>>VIDEO_TS

When i click "Scan for new content" it finds the series 24 and says downloading "24 S07 1:00 - 2:00" but the album art doesnt update?? Where is it downloading this info to strickly the database or will it put .jpgs in the correct folders?

Can anyone shed some light on this issue (probably an Id 10 T error..Big Grin)
So I didnt realize the difference between Library Mode and the other mode. All the files look great in library mode.

Thanks for the great post
Thanks for the thread. I added:
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching append="no">
     <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?Sad?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
   </tvshowmatching>
<skiploopfilter>8</skiploopfilter>
</advancedsettings>

But no difference. Still I only see all the VOB files but nothing else. Any advice is welcome.
This is what it should look like

<tvshowmatching append="no">
<regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

Try recopying it again.

When you say "only see all the VOB files" do you mean in file mode or library mode?
@ Tight_wad; I do not see much difference only that in my piece some characters have been altered due to HTML coding.

I now made sharing though SMB with SMBup tool and now the IFO files (and also BUP) are listed and I can start an IFO file.
Not very elegant though. Why is that difference?

There much bee a better way to play ripped DVDs with XMBC I guess and hope!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop the Madness! Fix your naming issues first.2