[live] suspend does not work on ZBox ID 33
Hi,
I know there are several similar threads on this topic, but none of them seems to help me Sad

I am running a ZBox ID 33 with XBMC live Dharma 10.0 r35648 (comp. Dec 17). (With a Kingston 16GB SSD and 2x2GB G.Skill RAM, but I don't think thats relevant Rolleyes). Architecture: i686.

Here is the problem:
When I hit suspend, the TV screen goes dark for a about 3-4 sec and then it just comes back on. This happens immediately with the first try to suspend after boot.

In the AMI Bios I have set:
ACPI = S3 STR
IDE SATA = AHCP
VIDEO TO REPOST ON RESUME = enabled

My /etc/PolicyKit/PolicyKit.conf looks like this:
Code:
<config version="0.1">
    <match user="root">
        <return result="yes"/>
    </match>
    <match user="xbmc">
        <return result="yes"/>
    </match>
    <define_admin_auth group="admin"/>
</config>

And in /etc/default/grub I have the line:
Code:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash xbmc=autostart,nodiskmount usbcore.autosuspend=-1 loglevel=0 video=vesafb"
..so I am aware of the known bug, which brings xbmc immediately back after suspend. But imo my system does not go into suspend and wakes up, it feels more like xbmc is trying to go into suspend, but can't manage and comes back (just a feeling, though)...

Finally I tried adding additional policy settings via hal, but to no avail, here i get an error:
sudo polkit-auth --user xbmc --grant org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.suspend
Code:
[WARN  2222] polkit-session.c:222:polkit_session_set_ck_remote_host(): _pk_validate_identifier (remote_host)
Not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
[WARN  2222] Got a session objpath but couldn't construct session object!
OoOoOo

So now that I have no idea what else to do, I come here Laugh

Any help or idea is appreciated!

Regards,
fufubar

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[live] suspend does not work on ZBox ID 330