MCE remote skipping
Yes.. another remote thread Tongue

I have:

xbmclive (xbmcfreak maveric v3)
2.6.37-12-generic kernel
latest lirc version

on an ION1 box with this remote/receiver: http://forums.techguy.org/attachments/11...er-001.jpg

Code:
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ lsusb
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 046d:c312 Logitech, Inc. DeLuxe 250 Keyboard
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 0471:0815 Philips (or NXP) eHome Infrared Receiver
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Code:
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc
“Windows Media Center Transceivers/Remotes (all)”
“Microsoft Windows Media Center V2 (usb) : Direct TV Receiver”

My problem:

Skipping of menu items (twice mostly) using the direction keys on the original remote. I tried changing remoterepeat settings in advancedsettings.xml but without result. This happens in all skins....

Any idea how to solve this?

edit: could 1 of the mods please add [LIVE] in the thread name? thanks
If you attempt to search for this problem you will find threads specifically discussing XBMCFreak Maverick v3.

I honestly cannot recommend using this Live build because of the terrible remote problems.

Stick to XBMC Live (vanilla) or OpenELEC. What drove you towards XBMCFreak?
I coulndt get optical audio to work in the vanilla build. It was working in the xbmcfreak (ION specific) version. I will give the vanilla build another try.

Thanks Smile
Rewmote working perfectly in vanilla Smile

now just the audio thingy...
Try OpenELEC. It is a lightweight option (only around 80MB). You can install it to your USB Flash drive initially to try it out... it runs well off of USB.

If you like it and it fits your needs then you can consider installing to your internal drive.

OpenELEC works great for me with video, audio, and remote! It is also very fast and has a quick boot time.

Otherwise, if you want to stick with vanilla XBMC Live then you will have some debugging to do. What is the output of
Code:
aplay -l
Hi have a budget 32GB ssd so i dont really need the space, or will boottimes be faster also with openELEC? Boot including biospost now is around 25sec.

Audio is working now also Smile

Goodbye xbmcfreak Smile
Well, if you have things working and you are satisfied then stick with it! Big Grin
I have a philips MCE running on the XBMC Dharma on a windows media center pc. When I use the up down arrows on the remote it is skipping multiple menus and tweaking out. any idea what to do or how to fix?. thanks I have tried 2 remotes both are doing it
I am new to XBMC, standard install of eden 11.0. For weeks it has been working wonderfully, and as of this morning, without changing anything, I now have this very same issue. My remote skips menu items up or down. Its an MCE remote. I dont even know where to begin to search...

Xcrown

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote skipping0