rotatey animation, image gets cropped
Question 
i'm wondering if anyone can provide some insight why this is happening when i use a rotatey animation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbr4L_NSKgU

is there any way i can avoid the image cropping halfway the animation?

here's the code i'm using:
Code:
<control type="image">
    <posx>640</posx>
    <posy>20</posy>
    <width>450</width>
    <height>700</height>
    <texture>ComicPanel.png</texture>
    <animation effect="rotatey" start="0" end="180" center="640,0" time="500">WindowOpen</animation>
</control>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
What we need is a Z coordinate to manipulate the distance to the image from the perspective of beholder. It is the same problem like here in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67186
@ronie: the problem is your image is large enough so that it's moving behind the camera plane as it rotates. IIRC the camera position is something like the height of the screen back from the screen, which gives reasonable perspective for most things.

The only solution would be to (allow you to) move the camera back further I would think.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hm, alternatively shrink the image horizontally as we rotate. Might lead to some strange distortion, though.
That's effectively what moving the camera out would do, yeah. Though it would do it in a non-linear way though (as you say, it would look a bit odd if it was done linearly, though perhaps a quadratic zoom anim would give a reasonable approximation).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Well, since we're only dealing with a few frames at the top of the animation, it might not be as noticeable. We'll see what kind of magic ronie can work Smile
jmarshall Wrote:@ronie: the problem is your image is large enough so that it's moving behind the camera plane as it rotates. IIRC the camera position is something like the height of the screen back from the screen, which gives reasonable perspective for most things.

i think it's half of the screen height, if i lower the width of the image to ~360 the issue disappears.

jmarshall Wrote:The only solution would be to (allow you to) move the camera back further I would think.

if we were able to define the z-axis coordinate in the <camera> tag,
it would probably solve it.

nothing to loose any sleep over though, if i run the animation at full speed it's hardly noticeable.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
rotatey animation, image gets cropped0