Convert .ts to xvid in linux
Bit of a longshot this but finally cracked my foxsat HDR freesat so i can stream via upnp and samba share recordings to the xbmc.

I'm running under linux and wondered if there was a way to automate stripping of commercials, converting .ts to xvid and then copying over to the xbmc harddrives.

Anyone any ideas, scripts etc ?
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
I was just looking at updating the firmware on my box too. Have you had any issues with it so far?
prae5 Wrote:I was just looking at updating the firmware on my box too. Have you had any issues with it so far?

No prae. It works perfectly and streaming the recordings from the foxsat to both my xbmc local to the receiver and that of the one upstairs using UPNP works perfectly. The samba addon is also handy Smile
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
Hi.

HandBrake is a great video transcoder.

HandBrake

HandBrake's Built-In Presets

HandBrake can use with CLI and GUI. I use the HandBrake CLI with addon (vdrtranscode) on my VDR.

Regards,

Obelix

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Convert .ts to xvid in linux0