ATV2 Cant Add To Library
I have my ATV2 Set up to play movies from my pc trough xbmc upnp server. I can add the source and play the videos perfectly. However i cannot scan the content so that it adds movies to the library. When i try it just says it cannot connect to the "remote server". I assume this means it cant accesss imdb. However i am connected to the net and hulu and downloading addons works fine. I did notice if i go into system info i only have an ip address and a subnet sowing idk if thats normal or not. Either Way can anyone help me out wit this ?? thanks
mvrotc Wrote:I have my ATV2 Set up to play movies from my pc trough xbmc upnp server. I can add the source and play the videos perfectly. However i cannot scan the content so that it adds movies to the library. When i try it just says it cannot connect to the "remote server". I assume this means it cant accesss imdb. However i am connected to the net and hulu and downloading addons works fine. I did notice if i go into system info i only have an ip address and a subnet sowing idk if thats normal or not. Either Way can anyone help me out wit this ?? thanks

Hey many have had this problem...If you use the search threads button that might get you to a good thread.

also what I do when this happens.. This is kind of a temporary fix

I have a mac

System pref>sharing>rename your computer>change it back to original name> remote share problem should be gone..

This is quite a normal problem.. I hope it works!
You can't add media from UPnP sources to the library. You should use SMB instead
Is that true? I can´ add file to my library from webDAV oder uPNP SourcesHuh Shocked
UPNP shares cannot be added to your library.
WebDAV can be added to your library.
vagabondking Wrote:WebDAV can be added to your library.

I use two WebDAV sources for my library... "series" and "movies"...
But I can´t add any files! XBMC finds the new movies but can´t save anything to the database.

Is there a permission problem in the filesystem? How can I check this out? Huh

(Additional Comment)
I can´t change any content in the library like covers etc. either...
lol !

There was no space free on my AppleTV! Just deleted AEON65 Skin ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 Cant Add To Library0