Dual Monitors
How about the ability to play a movie on a second monitor, but leaving the library, controls, lists, etc on the first monitor? In other words, when you play a video it plays on the second monitor with everything else still on the first. The first monitor becomes the controller for the second.
analogscott Wrote:How about the ability to play a movie on a second monitor, but leaving the library, controls, lists, etc on the first monitor? In other words, when you play a video it plays on the second monitor with everything else still on the first. The first monitor becomes the controller for the second.

+1

actually this is already possible with the web interface - you can control XBMC with nice websites, iPad, iPhone and iPod, Android and so on. This would actually solve your need! Nod

anyhow for a multimonitor setup I would like your feature ....
rebuilding ....
+2

I'd love to have a small 7" USB powered touchscreen connected to the HTPC for playing music, without having to turn on the tv, other (expensive) 3rd party remote controls or web browsers.

With analogscott's idea I could do that... and have access to Movie Information/Library without interrupting playback on the TV.

How do you make this an official feature request? :-)
Cal already be done with android/iphone app
Which, at least in my book, goes under the definition "expensive remote control" ;-)

Especially considering every member of the household would need one, opposed to just a single extra monitor mounted near the couch.
ROEDK Wrote:Which, at least in my book, goes under the definition "expensive remote control" ;-)

Especially considering every member of the household would need one, opposed to just a single extra monitor mounted near the couch.

Couldn't you just have a single Android powered tablet that sits near the couch?
A cheap chinese android could be a possibility.

But considering the other non-XBMC uses an extra touchscreen could have I still feel the advantages with fully integrated dual-monitor support in XBMC would outweigh any advantage with a tablet. And no more UltraMon mirroring in XBMC-only setups.
This would be possible with the web interface on the second monitor except XBMC locks the keyboard and mouse to it which stops you from controlling anything. I have already put in a feature request to stop that so I could surf the net amongst other stuff with a movie on the HDMI out, but it was ignored.
You might want to check this out http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine I haven't tried it myself and it only works on windows but it may work for your needs.
Hi:

I am a few years late :-). I am using 2 extra monitors but could not minimize kodi to toggle around on desktop or between monitors, and I have tried all your suggestions.

The first time it actually worked when I pressed \. But afterwards it won't work anymore. Kodi just stayed on full window, if I hit \ it will expand out of the screen. As a result I could not move Kodi between monitors.

I have tried going into systems and adjust between screens, it didn't work either. Please advice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual Monitors1