[ATV1 Ubuntu] Adjust refresh rate requires TV to be powered off/on
I have pin87a minimal image and works just fine with the display set at 1080/24p
However when I play an NTSC or PAL DVD the screen goes either black or all white noise and I have to power it off and then back on in order to resume playback
At that point the refresh rate will be the correct one and the playback will be perfect however I wonder if there is a way to avoid this boring set up!
Anyone?
Just to confirm it happens with 28256 as well as Dharma final
It is a known bug of ancient nVidia drivers used in minimal Ubuntu image. You can easily upgrade them to get rid of the problem, but unfortunately newer versions do not support sound over HDMI, so you will loose it (it's OK if you're using optical output).

The latest nVidia drivers gave me some problems, so I've been using 256.25 version. Just SSH into aTV and run this (be sure to exit XBMC first)

sudo wget http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Li...256.25.run
sudo sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.25.run

If having sound over HDMI is vital for you, then you can disable "Auto change refresh rate" in Video playback settings and lock XBMC into 60 Hz mode. But this will introduce some judder (which can be somewhat minimized by checking "Sync playback to display" option - use "Video (Drop/Dupe Audio)".

There's another option to fix this HDMI bug, but it involves manually editing xorg.conf file to include information about your TV's refresh rates and modes, but it never worked for me...

Hope it helps.
HTPC: XBMC Gotham 15.2 on Intel NUC DCCP847DYE (Intel Celeron 847), 2GB RAM, Samsung PM830 SSD, OpenELEC 6.0.0
SYSTEM: Panasonic TX-P65ST50, Pioneer VSX-922K, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 + Diamond 9.CS + SW150 sub, Logitech Harmony 880 remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV1 Ubuntu] Adjust refresh rate requires TV to be powered off/on0