Downmixing audio
While we're waiting on the very hard working devs to sort out the downmixing audio issue I was wondering if anyone could recommend some software for doing the same job.

90% of my stuff plays fine but just two shows, Being Human (BBC) and some of the latest eps of V, play with inaudible dialogue. I've got software that will convert an MKV to another format and downmix, but not one that will just convert the audio and leave the video and container file as an MKV.

Thanks in advance for any help, oh, and I'm on a mac Smile
Handbrake.
thanks, I tried handbreak but at 2+ hours per episode it's a bit of a pain. I found a quicker solution using MKVTools to rip a 2 channel version of the audio then using MKVtoolnix to remux it, all in all takes about 10-15 mins.

Was hoping for a quicker solution but it's only 4 episode so really not the end of the world
Staxrip can do this using the just mux preset for video but the program is Windows only (XMedia Recode is another but again Windows only) other than Handbrake there doesnt seem to be much in the way of similar encoding tools under OSX.
FYI: downmixing audio bug is probably fixed in the latest build from keith

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=737...tcount=658

please test!
Muskyinoz Wrote:While we're waiting on the very hard working devs to sort out the downmixing audio issue I was wondering if anyone could recommend some software for doing the same job.

90% of my stuff plays fine but just two shows, Being Human (BBC) and some of the latest eps of V, play with inaudible dialogue. I've got software that will convert an MKV to another format and downmix, but not one that will just convert the audio and leave the video and container file as an MKV.

Thanks in advance for any help, oh, and I'm on a mac Smile

Yeah Being Human (UK) is the only one giving me problems. I don't watch V though. Good to know I'm not alone.
upgraded to 022711 build and problem solved! Great work guys!
Dammit, why did I have to be in work when I find out about this! Can't wait to get home and try this out, you guys are geniuses Smile
Works for me too with ipad and headphones.
... I love you guys, I could almost cry. Works frickin perfectly! Smile
Muskyinoz Wrote:Dammit, why did I have to be in work when I find out about this! Can't wait to get home and try this out, you guys are geniuses Smile

My thoughts exactly! Wink I've already performed the update remotely, but I'll have to wait until I get home to see if it fixed things (eg. latest Being Human UK episodes)...

PS. I had a similar audio problem on my XBMC Live (Ubuntu / Revo 1600) setup. I had to manually update ALSA to get things working on that setup.
Just got home and tested the 2/27 development build out and it did fix the audio downmixing issues I was having. Great work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Downmixing audio0