1080i, silent, small, out-of-the-box with LIVE reccomendation?
Hi, newbie here. I read many of the posts here in the forum, but I wasn't able to come to any decision. Could some of the experienced here post recommendations on small, silent HTPC's that have enough power to easily handle h264 FullHD and that will work out-of-the-box with XBMC Live? I would prefer SSD HDD, as all the media will be on network, and would need HDMI connection with sound via HDMI. I'm going to buy 5 HTPC's for our company presentation project and run XBMC Live on them, because I love the XBMC webgui capabilities.
Thanks
[Barebone] Zotac ZBOXHD-ND01-U $229.99 + $8.50 Shipping + $30 off w/ promo code Z30FEB, ends 2/28
or
[All-in-One] Zotac MAGHD-ND01-U $249.99 + Free Shipping
or
[Custom Build] Best place to start if you are gonna build a system from scratch
'
Thanks for great info! Are there big differences in startup time between the Atom based Zotac's and some of the custom builds? I mean, I will use it only for playing FullHD movies, so I don't need extra power, but I would like to have as fast startup as possible...
fast startup as possible = buying an SSD
I'm sure I will get SSD. I thought startup time depends on processor power too, but in the case startup time depends mostly on SSD, I will get one of those Zotac's - probably the ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ND02, as the ND01 seems to be discontinued in Czech republic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080i, silent, small, out-of-the-box with LIVE reccomendation?0