remote commands? Guide, Info, Menu, etc..
I did a search for "remote" in this section but didn't come up with anything useful.
Anyone know how to bring up the guide, info and move menu with the appletv remote?

One of the very annoyting things I am trying to do is turn off the subtitles. On my Windows and Linux builds of XBMC I hit the menu button to bring up the movie controls (play, pause, fast forward, video and audio settings) to turn the subtitles off...

Any help is appreciated...
Press the select button (the circle in the middle of the up, down, left and right)
Defbref Wrote:Press the select button (the circle in the middle of the up, down, left and right)

Actually you press and hold the select button. This will bring up the OSD from which you can disable the subtitles.
Image Don't even think about my mother!
You can also define what the remote does yourself. In this keymap example you can turn off the subs by holding the select button. You can program the buttons any way you want, see the Wiki link below.

Create the file: /User/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml
Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <joystick name="AppleRemote">
      <!-- Up            --> <button id="1">BigStepForward</button>
      <!-- Down          --> <button id="2">BigStepBack</button>
      <!-- Left          --> <button id="3">StepBack</button>
      <!-- Right         --> <button id="4">StepForward</button>
      <!-- Select        --> <button id="5">OSD</button>
      <!-- Menu          --> <button id="6">Stop</button>
      <!-- Select (long) --> <button id="7">NextSubtitle</button>
      <!-- Menu (long)   --> <button id="8">CodecInfo</button>
      <!-- Right (long)  --> <button id="10">FastForward</button>
      <!-- Left (long)   --> <button id="11">Rewind</button>
      <!-- Play          --> <button id="12">Pause</button>
      <!-- Play (long)   --> <button id="13"></button>
    </joystick>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Right (long) and Left (long) don't work on the ATV2 (yet). See for all the possible actions: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml#Actions
XBMC on Mac and 2 Apple TV 2's – Alaska Revisited – Drobo FS
I can see <FullscreenVideo> in the xml file. Does this means that we can made custom commands when not in movie ( <FullscreenVideo> )?

Thanks,
S@
Stiffler Wrote:Actually you press and hold the select button. This will bring up the OSD from which you can disable the subtitles.

ok cool thanks that worked
Cyzor Wrote:You can also define what the remote does yourself. In this keymap example you can turn off the subs by holding the select button. You can program the buttons any way you want, see the Wiki link below.

Create the file: /User/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml
Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <joystick name="AppleRemote">
      <!-- Up            --> <button id="1">BigStepForward</button>
      <!-- Down          --> <button id="2">BigStepBack</button>
      <!-- Left          --> <button id="3">StepBack</button>
      <!-- Right         --> <button id="4">StepForward</button>
      <!-- Select        --> <button id="5">OSD</button>
      <!-- Menu          --> <button id="6">Stop</button>
      <!-- Select (long) --> <button id="7">NextSubtitle</button>
      <!-- Menu (long)   --> <button id="8">CodecInfo</button>
      <!-- Right (long)  --> <button id="10">FastForward</button>
      <!-- Left (long)   --> <button id="11">Rewind</button>
      <!-- Play          --> <button id="12">Pause</button>
      <!-- Play (long)   --> <button id="13"></button>
    </joystick>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Right (long) and Left (long) don't work on the ATV2 (yet). See for all the possible actions: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap.xml#Actions

For button id="3", I use Rewind instead of StepBack
For button id="4", I use FastForward instead of StepForward

With each click on the AppleRemote, it will "2x/4x/8x/16x/32x/play" for rewind or fast-forward.

For examples, on 3rd click it's 8x in rewind or fast-forward ... on 5th click it's 32x in rewind or fast-forward ... on 6th click it's play.
Question?

I know if you press play on a directory, it will play all files in the directory, but how do you play all if you're already in a directory? For example, I'm in a season 4 of Friends, I want to watch from episode 3 and on.
Why Play (long) is not set? I tried to set it but I its not working.
btw, what button is the shut down button (top left)?

S@
We can only set what the ATV2 recognizes. And play long doesn't send any unique BREvent id like menu long and center long does. In fact, menu long and center long are the only two buttons that sends a unique ID for long press. All other buttons doesn't have a "long" mode.

@skullmonkey,
What top left button are you talking about? If you are referring to the menu button, a long press at the home screen will invoke the shutdown/quit command.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remote commands? Guide, Info, Menu, etc..0