Apple TV 2 Framrate in systeminformation
Hello,

first of all greate job with the XBMC port to the Apple TV 2.

Managed to installed it yesterday and I'm actually playing around a bit.

First issue I saw is that every movie (even SD quality) I have played from my NAS (QNAP) either via SMB or UPNP shows judder. I have tried MKV, VOB, TS (HD and SD).

I have installed a build from 19.02.2011.

Checking the framerate under systeminformation shows that actually the system only reaches a rate between 16 - 20 frames/sec which could be a reason for that judder.

Can you give me a hint about your framerate?

Thanks.

Regards

filz80
What do you mean by "shows judder"? Is it constant, intermittant, minor, unwatchable? Which skin are you using?

My setup with Confluence reports 20-21fps but I've no idea how reliable this figure is. I've not experianced any noticable judder at all with my collection (mostly SD Xvid but some 720p H.264 Dolby content).
Image Don't even think about my mother!
Ignore the framerate numbers under systeminformation. That only indicates how fast the GUI is re-drawn. It has nothing to do with video playback rendering.
@davilla: Thank you for the hint about that framerate.

@Stiffler: It's constant noticeable judder but the movies are watcheable. What storeage do you use? A NAS? Which transfer protocol do you use?
I have a Dlink NAS and connect via SMB. Although all my equipment is on my home wired network. I've not tried via wireless as I can't be bothered to type my key into the ATV2 with the stupid remote.
Image Don't even think about my mother!
Hello Stiffler,

same to me. I use only wired connection.

Could you do me a favour and send me soem screeshots of your video settings. Maybe something is wrong with mine.

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 2 Framrate in systeminformation0