Movie Library - empty Genre
I scanned all of my movies into the library, nearly every one of them had an nfo file in the folder and all info was taken correctly. The couple that didnt have nfo files scrapped and loaded up the data appropriately. I then made nfo files in the folders that were missing them, changed genres around and refreshed the movie data. The movies now appear in the correct new genres from the nfo files but the genre listing still shows the old genres, just nothing in the list. for example, The Dark Knight scrapped and one of the genres listed was "crime". I changed this to only be "action", when i select the action genre the movie shows up, but there is still a listing for "crime" w/ nothing in it. I removed everything and reloaded and still the same empty genres in there. anyone help?
try the option "clean library" under settings video
Memphiz Wrote:try the option "clean library" under settings video

Tried that after I initially saw they werent disapearing, then deleted my video source and cleared the library, reloaded the media files and get the same empty genres as before even while reading the nfo genres correctly. Tried the clean library again after reloading and still have it. Is there a manual way to do this thru some system file or another? Any way to do a more complete deletion of the entire library w/out restoring the ATV?
In order to nuke the entire library you'll have to delete the MyVideo3*.db (unsure about the current version) in userdata/databases/
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
That's right. I deleted my entire video library due to duplicate entries by removing the MyVideo3*.db file. Once done, you can rescrape your source drive and start new. Here is where you'll find the .db file (I'm running 4.2.1):

Apple-TV:~ root# cd /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database

Apple-TV:/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database root# ls

Addons.db CDDB/ MyMusic7.db MyPrograms6.db MyVideos34.db Textures.db ViewModes.db

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Library - empty Genre0